MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on the local news.

Lotus are seeking an assurance from MGR over the production of the K series engine. Production of the Elise is currently able to proceed as normal.

Good to see the customers aren't going OTT.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uses both. Mainly the K in the UK.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
They use the Toyota VVTL engine as it had already done the 100,000 mile testing that would have cost millions to achieve.

They still use the 1.8 for much of the range.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
42 Posts
I doubt Lotus will have problems getting hold of engines, surely PWC will make it a prioroty to ensure customers like this get what they have paid for?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PERRY-MGTF said:
In what models is the K being used by LOTUS and what the TOYOTA engine???
111R Elise can have either IIRC. The rest have the K series.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
easyworldrock said:
I doubt Lotus will have problems getting hold of engines, surely PWC will make it a prioroty to ensure customers like this get what they have paid for?
You are making an assumption they have the components to put the engines together. Hopefully they do.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Elise 111 K powered 120hp.

Elise 111S K powered 160hp VVC.

Ellise 111R Toyota VVT-i 189hp.

The 'S' is the best value as you get the 'touring pack' (ie carpets) and a hard top as standard and as it's two grand cheaper than the R is the best seller.
However having just driven both I know which I would sooner have :shh:

·
Registered
882 Posts
The K-series is almost perfect for the Caterhams and Elises. Its high power to weight ratio fits the Lotus ethos down to a tee.

I really hope that a development of the K-series will secure some British jobs, and continue to power such class leading sportscars, be they Lotus, Caterham, MG, or any other (preferably British) make.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts