MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of selling the MGTF as I don't use it much because the wife uses it 95% of the time and also have a more practical droptop for myself.

When I got the car she didn't like it or want it, said it was too flashy.

Anyway she now tells me she wants to keep it, loves the looks and only doesn't like the condensation/plastic rear window in winter. So I think The TF has a convert.

So, instead of having a few grand in my pocket, it looks like I may have to go down the road to Satur's and buy a new roof with heated rear screen.:indiff:

I may even put the new trophy wheels I bought on it if she ever learns how to park it without scrubbing the bl**dy things!:cus:

Have to agree with her tho, it's a nice looking car!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good news imo. So whats your "more practical droptop" then ??
Well I got completely slagged on here when I got it but it's a VW Eos. I sometimes NEED four seats, but couldn't live without the wind in my hair!!
Anyway, I love it and that's all that matters to me:)
And now the missus is gonna stay happy even tho my bank balance is gonna be more miserable. And two convertibles at the front of the house looks quite flash too...which I've no problems with!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just seen the Satur glass screen softtop is £525 ex VAT and ex fitting. Looks like she's keeping the one she already has!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news about the TF ~ you can always hire 4 seats plenty of deals around

MikeS
Aye, but I was getting rid of my main car anyway, so a convertible HAD to be bought as I'd been two years without one as my main mode of transport and it had been "doin me 'ed in!"

·
Registered
661 Posts
i solved the condensation issue by putting cat litter in a vacuum cleaner bag, pierced some holes in the top and put one under each seat, ive never had any condensation on the plastic screen since except for a few drops which indicates the litter needs changing

chris

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
i solved the condensation issue by putting cat litter in a vacuum cleaner bag, pierced some holes in the top and put one under each seat, ive never had any condensation on the plastic screen since except for a few drops which indicates the litter needs changing

chris
:lol: Ingenious my man!!

I do something similar - i work for BT as an engineer, and we get issued large dessicant packs to put in underground cable closures. A couple of these tucked behind the T-bar work wonders :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

chris
Looks like it's going to be Renovo screen restorer and cat litter then?
Think my pocket will stretch to that! lol

Re:my earlier post. The wife says if I put the new alloys on, she'd be more careful when parking!! Strange logic to me but I think I may trust her with them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts