MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys..

Thrilled with my new buy, the leather interior at bargain price but sadly made a bit of a balls up, never got given the plastic door handle surrounds that fit in the Mk2 door cards. Since i`m upgrading from a mk1 door card, mine has the square type and need the round ones! Currently the door cards are not being fitted until i find a set!

I suppose I should post in the wanted forum but I presumed this would be more likely one of those things that one of you MGF/TFs would have floating around the garage ??

Would really appreciate it....

Chris

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is unobtinium and also would it be easier to get hold of Rover 75 surrounds?

Can I not get anything new?

Chris

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,117 Posts
Unobtinium is unobtainable it’s imposable to get hold of, so no you will not (unless very lucky) be able to get hold of a new set.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
What is unobtinium and also would it be easier to get hold of Rover 75 surrounds?

Can I not get anything new?

Chris
unobtainium - a material that is not obtainable !

Have you phoned and asked Rimmer Bros ? If they are available new then they will tell you, and will sell them to you.

While you are looking on their site, download the pdf Parts & Price Manual and keep it available on the desktop. It will soon become your 'best friend'.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Guys..

Thrilled with my new buy, the leather interior at bargain price but sadly made a bit of a balls up, never got given the plastic door handle surrounds that fit in the Mk2 door cards. Since i`m upgrading from a mk1 door card, mine has the square type and need the round ones! Currently the door cards are not being fitted until i find a set!

I suppose I should post in the wanted forum but I presumed this would be more likely one of those things that one of you MGF/TFs would have floating around the garage ??

Would really appreciate it....

Chris
I would try getting back on to the breakers and see if he still has them..

...or you could try www.roverbreakers.com who may have some, and are not 'to' far down the M6 from you in Nantwich.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rover brakers I got the interior from in hull (full leather interior for £155) wanted £30 for the inserts alone!!! I had a bit of an argument and said i expected them with the door cards!! Grrrr

Anyway...another massive thanks to David M who managed to get me two door handle surrounds and plastic door pulls for £10 all in !!! Wahoooo
Cheers again buddy!

Chris

·
Registered
mg_tf
2 Posts
red mgtf door handle

the plastic silver bit has broken off my drivers door - can i just buy this part or do i need the whole doorhandlething? anyone know where can get them?

Mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts