MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, together with XPF we are arranging a mass show of support for Longbridge on Monday, meeting at M42 J2 at midday, but if you are available, even if your not, please still come along and show that people care about MG Rover and Longbridge. We don't want 10 or 60 cars, we want hundreds.

We need to present a clear message to the media that MG Rover matters, that they cannot just let Longbridge die and become a supermarket.

YOUR MG ROVER NEEDS YOU!

If you are going to attend, reply below.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Can't make it (too busy and too short a notice to take a day off :(

Fantatsic idea though, nice to see both forums getting together.

·
Registered
146 Posts
meet......

I will do my best to get to you for midday, if you,ve moved on where are you intending to go ? paul mills (Basildon, Essex ).

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did have a look but couldn't find it! lol I'll have another hunt

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will do my best to be there. Only just changed my ZR to a TF, which I picked up yesterday. MG Rover can't be allowed to die!!!!!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
SteveChilds said:
I did have a look but couldn't find it! lol I'll have another hunt
Funny, i couldn't find it either.

I really think hundreds or thousands of enthusiasts could get the attention of potential investors. If there are less than a hundred cars it will just look pathetic.
Where are the Doncaster (it was the the Doncaster lot at Curborough, right?) ZR crowd when you need them. The sight of 100+ of them turning up in convoy was really something.
They could get noticed even surrounded by the sea of MGR's at Longbridge.

There is also time to get this arranged by Monday, so get contacting people.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
We'd likely get hundreds if it was tomorrow or Sunday but Monday? Sad to say but there won't be that many who can just dip out of work at such short notice.

More importantly do it Sunday and you make the Monday morning papers, tv and radio. More impact all round, particularly because it will be used as part of the election coverage. By Tuesday there will be another story (that's just the way it is)

If enough noise is made in time to meet the various deadlines then Tone and Michael and Charles get asked about it at the Monday morning press conferences. ( Sunday is a slow news day so do something then and it will be covered.

I'm happy to help work the national media for it if it can be done on Sunday ............................

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
882 Posts
MikeM said:
More importantly do it Sunday and you make the Monday morning papers, tv and radio. More impact all round, particularly because it will be used as part of the election coverage. By Tuesday there will be another story (that's just the way it is)
Fair point.

Local radio have been very supportive, they will be able to spread the word far more effectively than we ever can.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
I'll be popular in convoy in my 406! I suppose I can drive by Ryton on the way back and show support the the recently redundant there too...

DD

·
Registered
722 Posts
I really want to go, but i can;t because it's back to ****ING school on MOnday.....if it was Sunday, i'd ask if i could come.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hi,

I would just like to echo the thoughts already and say that it is excellent that the whole online MGR community is pulling together on this very important matter.

I will be there on Monday if I can move a couple of work commitments to later in the week, which unless I am gonna get into major trouble, should be fine.

Cheers,

Matt.

1 - 20 of 329 Posts