MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from the Cosford meet today I stopped off at Longbridge and took a few pics.

Old West Works has gone completely - here you can see New West Works from the road, and a pile of bricks where 'Old' was.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Great photos Steve.

I was planning on taking a trip back via Longbridge, but was too tired in the end.

It was great to finally meet you Steve :D

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great photos Steve.

I was planning on taking a trip back via Longbridge, but was too tired in the end.

It was great to finally meet you Steve :D

Good to meet you too, Ian :grouphug:

I must admit I'm cream crackered now, after driving from Sussex to Brum and back. I love my ZR, but it does get a bit noisy at 70+mph! Still, I did the 350 miles on one tank. :D

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I think C.O.P. is coefficient of performance, in relation to gas emissions, not 100% on that though.

Good photos there and was good to meet you today :)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
This seems odd - on the Flight Shed they have changed all but the last five windows.
All the newer windows were put in about 6 years ago, the new ones were the offices of vehicle development, our office was to the right of the bricked up door about half way along.

The others were Chassis development, vehicle test, concept development and trim and hardware development.

The old windows are/were store rooms and the "Mess room".

·
Registered
rover_25
39 Posts
those stickers covering the Rover name are so miserly..they could have done new ones no? with at least, the MG name centered...

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
those stickers covering the Rover name are so miserly..they could have done new ones no? with at least, the MG name centered...
I guess its a case of starting off small - no point in spending out thousands on changing signs, when there are other things that need paying for.

Once, cars are rolling off the line and money is being made, then I guess they can change those sort of things later.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ywh but they could at least do two coats of paint. Can just see next week when reporters are there talking about starting the factory up and they say something along the lines of 'trying their best to get rid of rover assosiation' or 'rover doesnt seem to want to die' or something worse or better, or stupider (if that is possible)

Thanks for sharing the photos though, nice to see.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Ywh but they could at least do two coats of paint. Can just see next week when reporters are there talking about starting the factory up and they say something along the lines of 'trying their best to get rid of rover assosiation' or 'rover doesnt seem to want to die' or something worse or better, or stupider (if that is possible)

They could put eleventy billion coats of paint over the Rover sign - at the end of the day ,our stupid press ,and 'experts' like JC will bring BL ,Red Robbo and everything else into any report about Longbridge.

They just will not stop kicking Rover ,even when it's dead.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts

I agree it needs to be done better - but I guess we don't know when they started to paint them, and whether there is more work to do.

I suspect that now that this thread is here - something will be done about it ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts