MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
ashy said:
Came across this on Ebay. It clearly states it's NOT an auction yet they still bid. Look at the bid history and how many times the seller has had to cancel the bids. I didn't realise there were so many stupid people about buying Rovers.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641931284&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Unfortunately I might be in hot water here for saying this, but its not just ebayers buying rovers, there are many stupid ebayers in general, There seems so many who list cars then write a 3 line description of the vehicle.:irked: Of course there are also many sensible and intelligent ebay buyers and sellers. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,261 Posts
eBay is an auction site . If he doesnt want people to bid then dont advertise on eBay . Hes breaking quite a few listing regulations . Or why didnt he just put a Buy-It-Now on it , that way he wouldnt have to cancel bids .

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
This has been shown on .org before - it is rather amusing! There was another one showing a 406 in a ditch with all sorts of obscure questions about the most random of things!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
The bizarre thing about the first one is - if he wants 2300 for it, why didn't he just put a reserve of 2300 on it instead of all this messing about. Weird.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:
This has been shown on .org before - it is rather amusing! There was another one showing a 406 in a ditch with all sorts of obscure questions about the most random of things!
Yeah because he used an old picture from a time when he stacked it in a ditch!

One plus point he listed was that "no cofirmed gays or gingers" had been in the car to his knowledge.

The galaxy one is genius, "No im not your ex husband from arbroath no matter how sarcastic i might be" or something along those lines.

EDIT: Just had to look it up......
"No I don't think that I'm your long lost husband George from Arbroath regardless of how sarcastic I appear to be. It's called humour where I'm from. Personally I think George did the right thing where ever he is."

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
sean kelly said:
is it me or doesnt it list it as a 1999 car but registered in 2002 ???? something wrong there
Yeah its a 200 so that puts it pre-2000. So unless the car was sitting around unsold and unregistered (yeah right) for the best part of 3 years or something, its a big lie.
"Oh I put 2002 because thats when i bought it"
Whats the betting thats his answer?
Or maybe "I put 2002 because my modifications bring it to the level of a car 3 years newer i feel"

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:
The 406 in a ditch was shown on top gear!! :lol:
Yeah just saw that - the bloke that put it up must be thrilled, but gutted at the same time as it would have made even more bids come in if TG showed it before auction end.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOl...maybe he'll sell it the bidder that has actually won the auction as it's more or less the asking price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts