MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My Car has started to show problems when double locking (pressing fob twice), the passenger side seems to click a load of times (like a machine gun) really quickly and I am not sure if it actually does the job it is supposed to and deadlock the door?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
sounds like the solenoid is going (thats what happened on mine) if it gets louder you will know for sure (kind of like a crunching sound). Costs about £70 although my parents have been trying to get one for their ZR for months now!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Benfinlayson said:
Hi,

My Car has started to show problems when double locking (pressing fob twice), the passenger side seems to click a load of times (like a machine gun) really quickly and I am not sure if it actually does the job it is supposed to and deadlock the door?

Any ideas?
Sounds like the door lock solenoid is sticking!..

Superlocking just disables the door buttons so they cant be pulled up by hand to gain access..

I would not superlock your car till you get it sorted as they have a habit of failing while `superlocked`, ie you cant open the door by pulling the button so how are you going to remove the door card to carry out a repair??..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts