MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Patricia Hewitts comments about the brisge 'having to go somewhere' are misguided. How about it going to new cars being released and profitability?

It seems to me that MGR must have spent a packet on Development -the RD 60 is practically there in body, they're doing a new deisel with Siemens -there's new gear boxes I read about on here today.. This loan could surely see them to releasing new cars on to the roads. That's hardly going to nowhere is it? :_poke:

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Well, tooling up for the car could easily have soaked up tens of millions or so.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It may be that PWC will look at the status and potential of these MGR assets and pipeline developments and come to a conclusion either way. Then the government would have an independent assessment of the state of the business on which to base decisions.

I don't know who has been conducting the due diligence on behalf of SAIC, but this information costs. The PWC accountants will cost loads and I am not sure they will come up with much different. But there is hope that it will support one or other future strategy even though it is not one that suit SAIC.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
£100M isnt enough to save the company, it would likely just delay the inevitable. Without a deal or massive restucturing MG-R is doomed.
Would £100M give us a new car though? Would the new car be any good? The company cant keep on selling the same old cars.
Why buy a new 25 when you can buy an old 200 for a 1/5 (or less) or the price? Its pretty much the same car! That why other manufacturers are at an advantage, whether their cars are any better or not they are at least something new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts