MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to say a really big thank you to all who voted for my car.

It really made my day.

Had a good camping trip and nearly 500 miles later all fine and well back home.

Can’t wait for the Haynes Workshop Manual to turn up! Then I can find out how the car works than take mine apart.

And a big thanks to very one that made the day happen.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I wasn't there, I didn't vote for you - but you deserved it! Now I have this diesel, and I want to turn it into a V8 how are you fixed weekend after next?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
What category did you win Alex?

"Car thats been taken apart and put back together the most award"

:)

Where'd you get a Haynes manual from???

·
Registered
399 Posts
Alex30013k said:
I would just like to say a really big thank you to all who voted for my car.

It really made my day.

Had a good camping trip and nearly 500 miles later all fine and well back home.

Can’t wait for the Haynes Workshop Manual to turn up! Then I can find out how the car works than take mine apart.

And a big thanks to very one that made the day happen.
Congratulations! From everything I'd seen on here beforehand, as well as the car itself on the day, totally well deserved!!

My only regret is the fact that I won't even be able to buy a Haynes manual for my car when the ARE published! Us poor little V8 owners are horribly discriminated against and left out of the manual :sad2: Just because of a few minor technical differences in the configs of out cars....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well done Alex, mine was a silver CDT parked in front of yours, did not get the chance to talk but your car was a stunner.
Time care and hard work you have put in showed....and no pipe and slippers in sight :hyper:

Simon

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well done Alex.. Your car definately got my vote..

I think most of the members will agree there was no other contender..

Oldest car there yet looked spot on with the new ones.. that takes skill time and alot of patience..

A true 75 lover...

G

·
Registered
685 Posts
Alex.I think your front end looks better than standard V8 bumpers. Must be less black in the paintjob. (Round the indicators? )

Sorry I couldn't make the day ...a little too far and Qantas want more than the cost of the car to load it. Would have loved it though and enjoyed checking out all the cars. BTW was there an Old English White there? Cheers

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
miketata said:
Alex.I think your front end looks better than standard V8 bumpers. Must be less black in the paintjob. (Round the indicators? )

Sorry I couldn't make the day ...a little too far and Qantas want more than the cost of the car to load it. Would have loved it though and enjoyed checking out all the cars. BTW was there an Old English White there? Cheers
I agree, on both accounts. I like the V8 nose, but I don't like the indicator gill slits for some reason.

It's tough living so far from the motherland in the colonies, where people wear grass skirts, cannibalism is rife, and to travel anywhere takes days. OK maybe I'm exaggerating, expect for the last one.

I saw a V8 75 in NZ once. But unfortunately it was on the back of a repair truck :err: .

·
Registered
358 Posts
Alex. With all you have done to M15 ROV, do you actually find the time to drive it??

Well done and well deserved. :beer:

Seriously though.

I don't know if any of you are aware of the big transport festival/ steam rally at the Kent Show ground near Maidstone. Do you think that there might be any interest among the Kent/ SE London/Sussex fraternity (or anyone else for that matter) in getting some sort of R75 display together. I think it's on 20/21 August. I went last year with my father in law and its full of classic car club stands and it's a cracking good day out. The SD1 owners club had an excellent display of cars last year and I had a good banter on what was the best Rover car (75 of course). I would be prepared to do the leg work to find out what would be involved. Anyone interested PM me and I will start to have a look.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think it was "Best looked after car". Described in these pages as the car that has had the most care, love and attention bestowed upon it (not neccessarily the newest or the most expensive).

The other prizes were the best 75 and ZT as judged by person or persons unknown from the Museum.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Now that is a stunning looking 75.

Alex, i didnt realise you were doing this conversion. Is there a thread that details your efforts that I can look at???

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hello Alex
I have to admit that I did not vote for your car. My reasons are very simple. After you very kindly let me sit in the driving seat, (first time in a non V8 75) I discovered that you have worn great holes in the carpeting beneath the pedals and it's only done 112,000 miles :bgrin2: so I cast my vote for the most pleasing colour instead. The prize should have been some premium Rover mats :) Better luck next time.:rotflmao:

Regards

MM

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mmcomputing said:
Hello Alex
I discovered that you have worn great holes in the carpeting beneath the pedals and it's only done 112,000 miles :bgrin2:
Regards

MM

Well the new carpet mats turned up today! They were meant to come for the meet but you know how things go.

The old carpet mats only lasted 20k!

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike200SEi said:
Now that is a stunning looking 75.

Alex, i didnt realise you were doing this conversion. Is there a thread that details your efforts that I can look at???
There is but i did not really write down to much of what i had to do! Its very easy any way.

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EnEnGee said:
Alex. With all you have done to M15 ROV, do you actually find the time to drive it??

Well done and well deserved. :beer:

Seriously though.

I don't know if any of you are aware of the big transport festival/ steam rally at the Kent Show ground near Maidstone. Do you think that there might be any interest among the Kent/ SE London/Sussex fraternity (or anyone else for that matter) in getting some sort of R75 display together. I think it's on 20/21 August. I went last year with my father in law and its full of classic car club stands and it's a cracking good day out. The SD1 owners club had an excellent display of cars last year and I had a good banter on what was the best Rover car (75 of course). I would be prepared to do the leg work to find out what would be involved. Anyone interested PM me and I will start to have a look.
Get back to you on that one. Sounds a good idea.

:england:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Alex30013k said:
Well the new carpet mats turned up today! They were meant to come for the meet but you know how things go.

The old carpet mats only lasted 20k!
Just teasing a little :) It'll take another 3 years for me to get to 20K and I've already had it for 2

MM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts