MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was just reported on BBC Radio 5 Live...10 O'Clock Newscast.

Well, I hope those smug bastids are now satisfied.

Who now will become the focus of their negativity!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will never vote Labour or Lib dem in my life (I've not voted for them yet and now never will).

If I don't like the Tories I'll vote Monster Raving Looney. They would have made a better job of this fiasco.

edit
I forgot the main reason for posting in my utter fury!
Lets all not forget the people who may lose their jobs as a result. Unless some kind of deal can be struck we are only losing the brand we love. Thousands of people are losing their jobs and with the state of car manufacturing in our fair isle they may not get another job soon.

Our thoughts should be with the families of the people who worked at MG Rover and any company that deals with MGR.
/edit

Sarcy barstard mode:
But hey at least we spent billions improving the security for the USA. And Iraq is free. And us Brit are now free to buy these vastly superior foreign cars. What the hell was I thinking, I'll sell my pathetic MG tomorrow and buy a superior Renault Clio.
/Sarcasm

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Typical - BBC Radio-5-Live have moved on to Golf now! They've got a Golf Doctor in and are inviting questions. Typical BBC Priorities .... Golf!!!! I like Golf but, it's on BBC2/BBC1 TV right now for crissakes!!! Extensive uninterupted continuous coverage!

I've switched R5Live off... that Anita woman 'presenter' is far too lightweight for me. They've lost me as a listener... for good ... I've had enough of their poisonous negativity. I will vote for any party which withdraws the TV Licence Tax .. let the Bastids actually 'earn' their keep rather than be parasitical on the taxpayer - something they've accused other organisations of so doing on several occasions today!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
BBC2 is very interesting. According to them, official word by the government is that MGR have gone bust and in receivership, however it is pointed out that as a private company the government have no authority or ability to say MGR are in receivership. Official statement from Mr Towers is that MGR is NOT in receivership but has requested advice from their accountants, their accountants have confirmed this claim.

However it should be pointed out that due to the statement by the government MGR may well and more than likely will be FORCED into receivership as confidence in the company will now plumit to an all time low. The word is the SAIC deal is off and no-one wants to go anywhere near them.

It sounds pretty definite to me, the report on the BBC2 was frightingly honestm i believe come monday there will be no such company under the name MG-Rover.

·
Registered
mg_tf
329 Posts
Its on BBC news 24. They don't seem to be sure on the actual fact but are assuming the PWC will be called in. THey gave various options that could happen, but said the worst....receivership is what will happen, but did not back it up....good old bbc reporters.

·
Registered
other_rover
2,435 Posts
It seems strange how the announcement has been made by trade and industry spokesman and not MGR themselves. I do hope they have got it wrong. One of the management was on five news (as I was watching Hackers) and only mentioned parts problems.

If this is the end for MGR it’s an appalling situation we as a country are getting into. Does the government not realise our manufacturing industry is shrinking year upon year. Our balance of payments is only propped up by the service industry (primarily finance sector) & North Sea Oil. An economy cannot survive only on a service industry. North Sea oil is running out. Stagnation and deterioration of the economy will happen in our life times unless something is done, letting MGR go is a sign that the government sees our manufacturing industry as a burden, something not worthy of saving. Japan came from the slums after WWII to one of the most technologically advanced, rich, stable economies of the world by heavily investing in long term projects. It is essential the government place long term investment into our manufacturing sector or as a country we will slip down the league table of countries.

The UK cannot live in the past; it once was a rich, hugely powerful country. Year upon year we see our infrastructure deteriorating, public spending cut, imports hugely exceeding exports. The wealth of our nation is going down the pan.

Sorry for rant. But if it is true about MGR in my eyes at least, we are seeing our final chance to cling onto our automotive industry lost. The repercussions are great, and it is a sign I never wanted to see. The end is looking even nearer folks. We will once again be a poor country in years to come.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Schtopper said:
It sounds pretty definite to me, the report on the BBC2 was frightingly honestm i believe come monday there will be no such company under the name MG-Rover.
It could be as soon as tomorrow. Apparently its illegal for a company to trade if they are in receivership, so they can't openly make a statement that would incriminate themselves, would they?

Either way, I still guess that we've got two cars worth £0 - one not even a week old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts