MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MGTF 135
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to use the rear fog light the other day and I found that it didn't work! I can't remember ever using it since I bought this TF 18 months ago. I know, check the boot wiring, maybe change the switch, maybe fault in the BCU unit (all the relays were changed by Paul last year) - hopefully I'll sort this out Wednesday.
However, I found this little niggle with the front fog switch, when the lights are on, all of the switches glow with a dim orange except the front fog switch. Anyone know where the illumination comes from? Is there a tiny LED in the switch (I don't mean the light that illuminates when the switch is on), or is the light "borrowed" from the centre console lighting?
I'm a bit mystified by this, or is it just one of those Rover things. By the way, the car didn't have the fog lights fitted when I bought the car, I had to make my own loom and used my relay, not the fuse box relay, but I can't see how this would make a difference as the green light illuminates when the front fogs are on. From the wiring diagram Pin 1 is live in, Pin 5 is Earth, and Pin 4 is feed to the relay.
Could someone just check their front fog switch illumination for me please.

Thanks

Keith

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,544 Posts
You have leds within the switch, one for switch illumination, one for indication when fogs are on. Your illumination led must have gone. This statement is with assumption that switch illumination worked before, and now not.
In case that you wired all by yourself, and you never got illumination withing the switch, except for when fogs are on, then we can talk about wiring.

·
Registered
MGTF 135
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input,
I'm an idiot, I just realised that pin 1 and 2 should be connected together - but this isn't shown on the wiring diagram I have, otherwise no orange illumination. I just tried it on the bench, now everything works as it should. I did this job in the summer and didn't notice he mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts