MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matther Taylor has just said the Lib Dems would splash the cash! Oportunistic maybe. Have they won my vote? Definetely!

·
Registered
440 Posts
That smacks of hipocrisy in my book after Chuck Kennedy said something to the extent that they wouldn't ever consider putting money into the company.

That makes 3 political parties I wouldn't vote for. Oh crap, there's none left now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could this be a smart move by MGR given the election. Newsnight coverage makes a big deal of this as an election issue and the number of marginals around Birmingham.

I know its a long shot ... but it could be better than trying to hang on for a few more weeks and the election and opportunity passing.

G

·
JohnSwitzer said:
Yup, the same party who this morning suggested that no assistance should be given to MG Rover :irked:

John
They actually said "No cash unless there is along term deal in the offing"

·
Registered
838 Posts
Notice he didnt say they would, he said the governenment should have. Its also in direct contradiction to what Charles Kennedy said this morning. I think he was pretty much talking out of his rear end to be honest.

Not saying the Tory response was an awful lot better though. There seems to be a general dire lack of imagination on the part of all the main parties.

I know its been said before, but can you imagine if the government was pumping into MGR what it STILL spends every month on the dome. :(

The thing I cant belive is that no-one is suggesting some way of tiding the company over, or at least shutting it down (not sending in administrators) for the duration of the election. How on earth are ministers meant to leaise (sp?) with MGR and decide what's best when they are campaigning in an election????? Its madness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts