MG-Rover.org Forums banner
321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
it looks very smart.now youve got spats be aware they fill up with gravel/dirt and mud in a couple of weeks of driving,rotting out the sill above.try to get used to taking them off every other month or i thought i may squirt expanding foam into mine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
thanks.
i will be taking them off every month as the sills are like brand new, it would be a shame for them to rot. i also thought about the expanding foam.
what do you think of the grille.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I owned a Lreg Rover 214 Si 5drs in Blue bought from a little garage

Owned a Lreg Rover 214 Si 5drs in Blue bought from a little garage called Endon Rover in July 1998 it had done 4000miles, lasted me to March 2007 and 52000miles, it had a problem with the drivers seat sliding back

·
Registered
103 Posts
heres my cabriolet fitted with coupe bumpers an 17" zr alloys. i have had this car for over a yr now , it was not the best when i got it ,but slowly im getting up to my standard

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
This is my almost complete project, purchased in last February with a poorly T16 engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes... u name it.

220GTi

I decided to try something different and ensure i can always use this car daily whilst been reliable ...

Rover 25 main harness re-pinning to suit the 220 rear harness

Full Rover 25 diesel conversion, ZR diesel rear subframe, rack and shorter column

currently on its winter wheels

It's still to have some bodywork, fit my lowering springs on to the MG dampers as as good at handles on the diesel ZR/ZS suspension its still got too much arch gap for my liking.

once thats done ive some SDi injectors to fit and have it remapped to ~155hp, 255ftlb.

Im also looking at a turbo upgrade to take this further, it'll certainly be no loss of performance over a 2.0 non-turbo petrol.

i have to say it really is fun to drive and fairly nippy even with its 99hp as its so light plus its still returning 470 to a tank even in this cold weather :)

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
I finally got my hands on one after 5 years! :D It's a 1993 3 door Rover 214Si, 1 owner from new, 36k miles, full history including the original purchase invoice.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I finally got my hands on one after 5 years! :D It's a 1993 3 door Rover 214Si, 1 owner from new, 36k miles, full history including the original purchase invoice.

What you gona do with her? On one side those bumpers would come up beautifully. But then again, the "as found" look is good too

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
What you gona do with her? On one side those bumpers would come up beautifully. But then again, the "as found" look is good too
My only real plans at the moment are to fit aeroflat wipers, LED bulbs to make it look more crisp, and some Rover R8 alloys.. Thinking of some GTi ones? Other than that she'll be staying mostly standard. Currently doing the head gasket on it at the moment.

Oh and as for the bumpers I'd like to try and restore them, any ideas as to what to do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
216 SLi

Here is my 216 SLi, 63k on the clock, Honda engine.

I've only ever had 214 SEi's (owned 4) so the Honda D-series is a new experience for me.

The car has just had a full service, and I've fitted new HT leads, NGK Iridium plugs and air filter. Service included fuel filter, coolant flush/change, brake fluid change, new brake pads.

All in all the engine is sounding sweet.

I've got some SEi alloys which I will be fitting in the summer, and am looking for an SEi half leather interior.

321 - 340 of 355 Posts