MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted these in a Rover 25? Just wondered if they were any good and whether to go for white or blue. Got Cool Blue headlight bulbs and love them but will blue LED bulbs inside the car be TOO blue?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think blue might be a bit too much...

...but I fitted one of these in mine:

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44_58&products_id=1114

and I am well pleased with it. The light from the bulb has a bluish tint to it, sort of xenon white, as it were.

The only slight problem I had was that the contacts in the lamp needed bending slightly, as this bulb is slightly longer than the original.

I also bought two of these for my side repeaters:

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44_55&products_id=603

also very good. (The body of the bulbs supplied were clear, not amber - they only show colour when lit). Way better than the dim silvered amber bulbs I tried and rejected.

ceejbee.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to get the Prism ones they sell in Halfords... they're available either in "white" or I think it was "cool blue"

Isn't 18 LEDs a bit excessive? How do they compare with the original bulbs?

·
Registered
138 Posts
18 LED's may seem excessive, but by using so many tiny, but bright, LED's the light output is spread evenly, rather than several pools of light from fewer, but larger ones.

The LED's are effectively mounted on a small printed circuit board, which also includes a protective voltage regulator. The bulb can be angled slightly to concentrate the light output a little by rotating the bulb, and I have done this so that it illuminates my Sony head unit a bit more to help fit the removable panel (fiddly) in the dark.

I've not seen the Halfords one, so can't compare I'm afraid.

ceejbee.

·
Registered
mg_zr
96 Posts
mg zr festoon

hi i tryed fittign a LED festoon in my interior light in my mgzr, but it wont go out! there seems to be some charge across the bulb at all times,not enough to light a bulb but enough so it get bright when its on and very dim but still on when its off, has anyone else had this problem? and what can i do about it ? thankyou
alex

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
thats how the zr interior light works, it doesnt supply a 0 voltage across the circuit but a low enough current to make the light appear as it is off.

·
Registered
mg_zr
96 Posts
oh bugger! im guessing il have to put a resister in the system then, dam i was hopeing i cud find a led bulb with a resister fitted but no such luck, thankyou anyway bud

alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts