MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall seeing a comment on a thread here quite recently saying that the leather seats in Rovers are not real leather. I have not had my 75ConnSe long but thought that there was something odd about the seats, even after conditioning them they don't have the smell and feel of leather. My previous Renault did have leather that had that leather smell. Does anyone know if the comment was right, did Rover use some sort of simulated leather substitute for the seats?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I recall seeing a comment on a thread here quite recently saying that the leather seats in Rovers are not real leather. I have not had my 75ConnSe long but thought that there was something odd about the seats, even after conditioning them they don't have the smell and feel of leather. My previous Renault did have leather that had that leather smell. Does anyone know if the comment was right, did Rover use some sort of simulated leather substitute for the seats?

As far as I know the seats are gen, as is the s wheel in the contemparys.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
The leather seats in the 75 are genuine leather seats.

The post that you are referring to, I think, concerns the MG ZT seats, whereby the side bolsters of the sports seats look like leather, but aren't. The ones that we are talking about are the sports seats, with the cloth centre ;)

·
Registered
rover_75
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are French cows more leathery?

Hi sydneymj.

I have used the Gliptone products but the seats still don't have the same smell and feel of my Renault seats, maybe I have a nose for French leather; perhaps French cows are more leathery :haha:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.