MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurred on by the front page news on the site about MG entering the lease market, has anyone looked at the rental rates? Strike a light, they're not going to shift any at those rates.

Which brings me onto the question of, if you were to lease an MG6 for your business / personal use, what would you be prepared to pay?

Prices I've seen are £300+VAT for 10k Per Annum, which makes it more expensive than pretty much every other car in its class.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I thought those rates were extraordinarily high.

But since everyone else seemed so excited about them, I assumed I was just wrong, especially since I never really look at lease prices for any point of reference.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Spurred on by the front page news on the site about MG entering the lease market, has anyone looked at the rental rates? Strike a light, they're not going to shift any at those rates.

Which brings me onto the question of, if you were to lease an MG6 for your business / personal use, what would you be prepared to pay?

Prices I've seen are £300+VAT for 10k Per Annum, which makes it more expensive than pretty much every other car in its class.
The price on the front page is £249 + VAT over 36 months 10k per annum, this is more in keeping with other vehicles in it's class.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Stuff the C-Class! I have been quoted £310/month (incl. VAT) for a Jaguar XJ 3L V6 diesel; plus £1150/year insurance; on a personal payment plan for 10k miles/annum for 4 years (which is not far off MG's lease). I'm giving every comfortable car a fair chance to sit next to my Rover 75 (which I'm not quitting on because its still better to drive than a new Vauxhall/Ford/BMW) and I still haven't seen an MG6 to try!! :(

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Stuff the C-Class! I have been quoted £310/month (incl. VAT) for a Jaguar XJ 3L V6 diesel; plus £1150/year insurance; on a personal payment plan for 10k miles/annum for 4 years (which is not far off MG's lease). I'm giving every comfortable car a fair chance to sit next to my Rover 75 (which I'm not quitting on because its still better to drive than a new Vauxhall/Ford/BMW) and I still haven't seen an MG6 to try!! :(
That is a cracking deal, normally around £750 per month with a £4k deposit.

do you have a link for this offer?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I test drove a load of similar cars and this is how I genuinely rated them for driving (ignore styling)

1. Jaguar XJ - I want this one, but I'm waiting to register a business so I can claim back the VAT :)
2. Mercedes CLK Sport/AMG - Excellent
2. Rover 75 - Excellent (12 years old and still it humiliates the imports!!)
3. BMW 318d - OK
4. Vauxhall Insignia - OK
5. Freelander - Uncertain
6. Ford Mondeo - Disappointing
7. Proton EcoLogic - Shocking

So if you like the Mondeo, I honestly think you will enjoy the Insignia. The Insignia is much cheaper to buy (lower price and 0% APR), cheaper to run, has lifetime guarantee, has many more features, and drives much nicer (I liked all the features and layout, but not the plastic material). Ford should give up and go home.

I'm very impressed with the Lexus 200h on paper. Oh no, just realised I haven't seen Volvo... does it never end? :(

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
my god the options for that BMW are expensive.

Xenon headlights £920, navigation system £1,775, 6 dvd changer £425, a USB port £70! reversing camera £325.

i wouldn't pay half of those prices :L i wouldn't even pay the 30 grand for the basic car :L

i'd have this over that BMW it's almost 10 grand cheaper http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Ford_Mondeo_Estate-16TDCi_ECO_Zetec_Business_Edition_SS-36851-Equipment.htm

and better equiped as standard :)
Arr yes, BMW...
Over priced,
Over rated
and Over here!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I also think that BMW are overrated, but I think they are still good.

Mercedes products are good, but the people suck, and I would now prefer to buy a BMW. When I was evaluating Mercedes there was one poor chap (a Mercedes owner) getting badly treated in front of me, and I felt really sorry for anyone who has to deal with Mercedes. That guy was obviously embarrassed about how they treated him after he felt overcharged for some garage work. Then I told the salesman I like the XJ and asked for something comparable. He basically barked at me and told me to go away. In the USA, Mercedes was voted the car company with the worst customer support. Obviously they operate the same staff-training over here.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's down to the dealers. I've had miserable experience with Vindis VW / Audi and Coopers BMW, but also had great experience from Listers and Mariott in Kings Lynn.

Have to say though, Robinson Mercedes in Cambridge wipe the floor with everyone, hands down.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stuff the C-Class! I have been quoted £310/month (incl. VAT) for a Jaguar XJ 3L V6 diesel; plus £1150/year insurance; on a personal payment plan for 10k miles/annum for 4 years
Is that a lease? I haven't seen XJ's for less than £550+VAT a month? XF's are kncoking about at £300 ish

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, friend. Leasing can be very profitable and useful these days. It is pretty difficult to accumulate so much money to pay for the car all at once, and it's a big problem, but it can be solved by taking a loan. One of my friends has recently found some really good offers on Thorn Lån ᐈ upp till 100000 kr ⇒ logga in på mina sidor, and is very happy with that, because it has a very low interest. He doesn't regret his decision at all, because, finally, his dream became true, and he has bought a new car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts