MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i need some help noticed my sunroof is leaking on the passenger side its coming down through the roof and down the sun visor but i dont have a clue where its coming from has any one else had this problem or can help to fix it car is a bubble 214 r reg cheers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
LOADS of threads on this, do a search!
It's happened to me, the sunroof seal is CRAP and lets water into the metal brace around the glass causing it to rust and then the seal doesn't seal anymore! A new sunroof unit will set u back a pretty £300.. Try a scrappy.. I still haven't got mine fixed and it's been nearly a year, I've just taped it up so it doesn't leak

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
You will find the solution to your problem if you search on these boards.
Many have had this problem including myself. I even posted a small tutorial how I solved it.
All it takes is a bit of time and some bathroom sealant and it'll be sorted.

The rain usually gets in at the corners off the sunroof. Wait till it gets dark then shine a torch from the inside up through the corners of the sunroof through the front window and see if there is a gap.

If so then that is your problem. It happens cuz over time the sunroof shifts slightly and the water leaks in through the corners, but misses the drip trays and leaks into the car.
You can adjust the sunroof for a better fit at the corners, but it may not completely solve the problem. mine was solved by cleaning and resealing the seal and then putting some chemical metal in the corners. The sunroof is now water tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts