MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my car is leaking coolant, I can see where it's dripping from but not sure what the bit is. I have a 220 coupe turbo and the coolant seems to be dripping from the bit just in front of the engine block at the bottom on the car's right hand side. There's another thing on top of it and they all seem to be connected by belts. Can anyone tell me what the bit is?

I've been told it might be the water pump that's causing the dripping, but the dripping occurs when the engine is not even running.

BTW is it bad to leave the car without any coolant in it even though I'm not using it?

G

·
That's where the water pump is and even if the engine is not running, a badly worn seal can still drip.

Better not to leave it without coolant but as long as it is just for short periods no harm will be done. Do ensure that the correct anti-freeze mix is used when refilling.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers, I thought it might be the water pump, do you know roughly how much it will cost for a garage to fix it so I don't get ripped off?

my car also has HGF :( which undoubtedly caused by the water pump leaking out all the coolant and the engine overheating. I think this is going to be one hefty bill, not what I needed when I was going to sell the car anyway :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts