MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 rover 75 v8 the boot is leaking and water is not going anywhere all the carpet is soaked that my car is starting to smell musty. Cannot locate the leak anywhere. Can someone please advise how to locate and also how to fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This problem is common to all variants. Usual culprits are the rear light seals or the clips that hold the rear waist trim onto the panel.

Strip the carpet and interior side panels out and leave somewhere to dry. Clear out the grot that has accumulated and make sure it is all clean and dry. Close the boot and get a watering can and sprinkle water both sides around the boot edges and rear lights. Once it has run off, open the boot and check for fresh water inside.

Rich

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Echo the above, sorted a leak on my brother ZT - it was the clip holding the trim onto the rear quarter panel.

Remove the boot liners and you should see water traces

·
Registered
cityrover
5 Posts
and I've had this problem. My car struck the water in the back of the lights even though the screws were constrained enough. but I unfastened greasing all part silicon waterproof ......

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,891 Posts
and I've had this problem. My car struck the water in the back of the lights even though the screws were constrained enough. but I unfastened greasing all part silicon waterproof ......
Flavio ... clear your message in box. Cannot send reply. 5 messages limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts