MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Used to have a leak fron the passenger window which i sorted & thought i cured my leak problem.

Rained quite a lot last night and had more water in the passenger foot well (not a lot but enough), it looks like its comming from under the dash somewhere.

Is this a common leak?? where could it be comming from?

Cheers

Sarah

·
Registered
mgf
344 Posts
how old is it? I used to have a 96 F that leaked like a seive. Possible problems

1. comming in from the mirror (every body must have had that one)
2. comming in from the bottom of the door seal
3. comming in from the windscrean (behind the dash so you cant see it)
4. comming in from the air ventilation box seal

if it is a lot of water then its probably the seal from the air box. Do a search on this site for passenger side leak.

Most leaks can be sorted once you find out where they are comming from. try using toilet paper all round the pasenger area and wash the car or wait for rain. Let us know how you got on

·
Registered
mgf
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 96 as well.

def not comming from window, mirror or door seal as it looks like its been dripping on the mat from under the glove box & then running down the mat.

Will have to have a good look later at the other areas you mentioned.

Cheers

·
Registered
mg_tf
142 Posts
Had same problem with my wife's 02 135 TF i.e.very wet carpet and felt, it too seemed to be coming from behind glovebox.
Car went to dealers under warranty and they stripped everyting out dried carpets in the paint oven, carried out water test to find that the main harness grommet hole was distorted. They re-dressed hole and applied sealant. We also had leaks through door and bottom of A post. Touch wood!! there has been no need for wellies since, not that we have had much rain lately.

Sprinter was very helpful to me also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.