MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

recently just been noticing some fluid sort of stuff on my back wheels, it stopped for the last to weeks, dat was on the passenger side, its like a browny sort of colour on my alloyes, i asked some lad in work and he said it could be break fluid, this true?

But today i looked on the driver side and now notice the same on that side, anyone have any ideas what it could be? by the way i have R24 1.4i Xreg, i will take some pics in morning to give some examples.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well from what i have noticed, ye there fine, no real problems, but its the colour of fluid and it stained my alloyes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww not more money spent, how long could i last before they need sorting? because i got no cash at all at the mo, does it run out of fluid? becuase like i said it stopped on the pax side, so guessing its ran out or something, any ideas?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, but im going to put them on 1st thing in the morning, what it is its like splattered, LOL.
But ye, its all in the wheel arch aswel as the alloyes, i tryed to wipe it off with my finger but it just stayed on there. would it be big job to get sorted if it was brakes?

I might just pop down to ATS tomorrow morning then to get it checked out, because they do free brake tests dont they, but i need to know really how much it is going to cost roughly.

how could this of happened? would it been my fault or just down to the cars age? i do travel 70+ miles a day for last 8 or so months while having the car, and i do travel rather fast. but dont brake that hard, only few times when been trying to stop form 70+ to zero quickly.

cheers

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Just be aware that brake fluid damages paintwork. Your alloys might be damaged. You are also likely to die if your brakes fail at high speed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL, ye ino thats why im going to pop down to garage get it sort, thanks alot chaps, could of saved my life :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts