MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i have a leak into the boot, it drips down the left hand suspension housing thing and eventually ends up in the spare wheel well. i cant work out whether its the rear washer that doesn't work (tho i havent tried using it in AGES, or just a plain leak.

anyone had anything similar?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
if its just a rain leak mix some powder paint (stuff that washes off) mix it with water and pour over and around suspected area, and you should see traces of it where its coming in, obviously use darker or lighter colour to car scheme...hope this helps

·
Registered
73 Posts
i had this problem, i found that the tube had broken for my rear washer and was pouring into my boot well! i have since replaced the tubing! if the rear washer sqirts nothing then i guarantee this is the problem!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i initially thought it was the rear washer coz nothing comes out, but you can hear the motor running... but i havent used it in ages. could just be the residual washer fluid still coming thru. i'll try replacing the piping etc and see if that solves it...!

cheers guys

jk

·
Registered
73 Posts
once id removed the panneling i found that the pipe had broken in the rubber tube that joins the tailgate to the car, was a really clean break, looked like it had been cut, but my car made the motor noise and never squirted anything, how long have you had the car because the water wont go away once its down there, mine must have been there for 6 months or more!

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
I had this too on my 214i...fixed the broken tubing but water still gets into the boot from high level when it rains. There is a drip from about the speaker area - is it the rusting roof/tailgate joint causing it - anyone else had this?

Cheers

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
RichardK said:
I had this too on my 214i...fixed the broken tubing but water still gets into the boot from high level when it rains. There is a drip from about the speaker area - is it the rusting roof/tailgate joint causing it - anyone else had this?

Cheers
Do you have a sunroof?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
RichardK said:

Cheers
I have the same problem small drips from near left speaker, only does it when parked up and its actually raining, Ive checked sunroof tubing thats alright..and rear wash isnt used anyway..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts