MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,my car got memory seat,i got 2 keys,key 1 is program to position '1' of the memory seat,the other key to '2' position,now my key 1 is not working,can i use the 2nd key,& ask my workshop to program to '1' position instead of '2' position.?Thanks

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Dear Friends,my car got memory seat,i got 2 keys,key 1 is program to position '1' of the memory seat,the other key to '2' position,now my key 1 is not working,can i use the 2nd key,& ask my workshop to program to '1' position instead of '2' position.?Thanks

Wouldn't it be easier just to put the seat position you currently have on posn 1 onto posn 2, then key 2 would work it?

Do some taxis in Singapore still have the hubcaps that don't rotate with the wheels?? Looked really weird when I first saw them

·
Registered
243 Posts
you can program the key yourself to do any memory seat position....not to sure how you do it...someone will be along to advise...hth

stef

·
Registered
186 Posts
Programming The Key To A Lazy Seat Memory Preset

If you insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to position 2 (so that you can operate the electric seat controls), and then press and hold the memory button at the same time as 1 of the 3 memory preset buttons, you will hear a chime as the seats' position is stored, and the memory preset 1, 2, or 3 is associated to that key fob.

Then move the seat to another position, remove the key from the ignition, and lock the car.

The next time you go to unlock the car by pressing the unlock button on the key fob, if you then quickly press and continue to hold down the unlock button a second time, it will cause the seat to move to the stored position number.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to position 2 (so that you can operate the electric seat controls), and then press and hold the memory button at the same time as 1 of the 3 memory preset buttons, you will hear a chime as the seats' position is stored, and the memory preset 1, 2, or 3 is associated to that key fob.

Then move the seat to another position, remove the key from the ignition, and lock the car.

The next time you go to unlock the car by pressing the unlock button on the key fob, if you then quickly press and continue to hold down the unlock button a second time, it will cause the seat to move to the stored position number.
Thanks alot my friend,i will try it NOW.....

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldn't it be easier just to put the seat position you currently have on posn 1 onto posn 2, then key 2 would work it?

Do some taxis in Singapore still have the hubcaps that don't rotate with the wheels?? Looked really weird when I first saw them
No more those hubcaps on taxi,BUT the latest Rolls Royce is fitted with it....do it look weird.?I don't think so,because that car costs S$1.8-2 Million....Hey,by the way next time you come to S'pore,do let me know...i hope that can meet you here.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Dear Pal,tried it,but don't seems like able to changed the '2'nd key the the 1st memory position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts