MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my rear Discs and Pads done by Lates yesterday - can I say what a great couple of guys - and a great job done....(Thanks for the coffee!)

Many thanks guys!

Lates - by the Way I got a couple of replacement tyres on the way home £140 each (Conti's) - Fixed the horrible "I think my wheel bearing's have gone" noise.....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Good news....

Can I ask though, why are people paying upto £40 more for contis which are an inferior tyre to say a GSD3 Eagle F1 which (in 18" ZT format) can be had for around £110!

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
MGOracle said:
Good news....

Can I ask though, why are people paying upto £40 more for contis which are an inferior tyre to say a GSD3 Eagle F1 which (in 18" ZT format) can be had for around £110!
Honest answer for me personally is that the Contis are much quieter than the competition. Certainly on a 75 that makes a big difference.

What for you makes the Eagle F1 better than the Conti? It's always useful to know things liek that as the choice today can make tyre buying a bit of an nightmare. My search for a really quiet tyre goes on but up to now the Contis get my vote.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
404 Posts
MGOracle said:
Good news....

Probably because they are not available in 225/45ZR18. Agreed they are a better tyre though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MGOracle said:
Good news....

I have Conti's on the front which have loads of wear left so I thought it best to keep with the same...!

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Good to hear the coffee was ok ;) Pleasure to meet you and have a rattle.
At the end of the day if your pleased with the Conti's and the wheely bearing type noises have gone happy days all round. Take care and speak soon :)

·
Registered
rover_75
83 Posts
how about us

lates said:
Good to hear the coffee was ok ;) Pleasure to meet you and have a rattle.
At the end of the day if your pleased with the Conti's and the wheely bearing type noises have gone happy days all round. Take care and speak soon :)
Hi lates
All i hear is how good you are,what wonderful service you give,how knowlegable your staff are.How about opening up something in the East of England so we can all be looked after so well.
Reagards
Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts