MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land Rover - no immediate plans to go 'diesel-only

LAND ROVER is not planning to ditch petrol engines from its range in the UK - for the moment.

"It is something we have looked at and we will continue to do so," said UK managing director, John Edwards, " but there are no plans to go diesel-only here at the moment."

Diesel engines currently account for 95% of all Land Rover sales in Britain.

He said, however, that there is a strong argument for it, as less models means a more effective production process.

"However, there are still some Range Rover customers and some of our more mature owners who continue to not see past petrol.

"We pretty much only build petrol models to customer orders now anyway, but we will obviously continue to make them for other markets, such as the USA which is petrol-only."
SOURCE: Autowired

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
more mature owners who continue to not see past petrol
Written as if to say you're blinkered or gone a bit daft in old age if you like a petrol engine!

The burble was half the fun with my rangie, some people like proper V8 engines damnit!

If you can afford 60k the sod the running costs... unless you've remortgaged the house to buy & running it on loose change, that'll be the other 95% of range rover buyers then! :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Written as if to say you're blinkered or gone a bit daft in old age if you like a petrol engine!

The burble was half the fun with my rangie, some people like proper V8 engines damnit!

If you can afford 60k the sod the running costs... unless you've remortgaged the house to buy & running it on loose change, that'll be the other 95% of range rover buyers then! :lol:
The L320 TDV8 sounds every bit as good as the petrol V8 motor :)

·
Registered
4,498 Posts

One of my mates is getting a petrol Rangie sport.

While the styling isn't to everyones taste I cant wait to get a shot of it :)

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
One of my mates is getting a petrol Rangie sport.

While the styling isn't to everyones taste I cant wait to get a shot of it :)
Yeah, make sure you do!

If its anything like the old XKR i went it it'll make fantastic supercharger WHIRRRRRR noise when you whack your foot down- seriously addictive! :D

Must feel a bit a bit weird all that power sitting up in the air

1 - 5 of 5 Posts