MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem with my car is a lamba sensor fault. It is a rover 45 1.6 2000 model. Only has one lamba sensor on the down pipe from the manifold. The later cars had two. The fault codes are P1036 AND P1041. I have installed a new known working lamba sensor. I have cleared the codes now 4 times put still return after a few minutes of driving. The car seems to run ok but on tick over u can hear a very slight poping noise, which was not there late last year. The fuel is average per mile about 330 miles per tank. I have checked the spark plugs and are all pretty clean and not sooted up. All fuse are ok.
Have u got any idears to what the problem could be as i dont want do any damage to the car and iam due to drive up to scotland in the next month or so?

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
I couldn't find the codes you mention....but I did find these...

P0136 Downstream O2 sensor -sensor input -signal implausible.

P0141 Downstream O2 sensor -sensor heater -electrical fault.

Have you checked the wiring to the sensor itself...measured any voltages, heater 12v supply and sensor o/p??

The heater supply relay sounds like a good idea, although if both sensors are fed from one relay I would expect to see error codes for the Upstream sensor also.

·
Registered
702 Posts
the codes could be specific to rover, at least thats what ive been told by my rover dealer about fault codes. could you double check them? seems as if they are not listed anywhere...

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
OBDII codes are the same for all OBDII cars...

I'd have said some sort of wiring or relay fault, too. Time for some work with the multimeter, Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts