MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah this old banana. :D What is the actaul difference between them ? Some say its an extra mapping form Rover. But, if you look on some tuning chip sites, they list both and claim to get more from the 113. But how do they do that if its only some mapping that makes the difference ? I would have thought with a tuning chip or remap the figures for both with end up equal, because the extra Rover mapping would be lost. Confused. I'm guessing mines a 101, but she goes really well, so how do I check to see which one mine is ? :D

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
it is just the engine mapping, i think someone said to check your vin number as some cars had it in the vin.

they do rempa to the same its just companys putting a lower figure on the 101bhp so the 115 guys feel special

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having looked at my cars VIN it doesn't seem to be in it, unless its in code.
But, you've said as I suspected, the 113's can't be tuned higher than the 101's. :bgrin:

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Both can be tuned higher with a tuning box. The reason for the diffrent power outputs is price and insurance for customers. Nothing more and nothing less. Just like the two 1.4 models.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
I believe the 113 also had ABS and Disks all-round as standard, whereas the 101 didn't. I had ABS as a £350 option, so if the 113 has been around for £500 extra at the time I'd certainly have gone for that...

As it is, I have a 101, so have rear DRUMS... which don't look as pretty...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep this is very true,A friend of mine has the 101 and i have the 113 or 115 whatever it is,my has disc's all round his has drums on the rear.but underneath its the same lump,we both fitted a mafam tuning box and oh my god what a difference it makes.his is now as quick as mine.Even thought he cheated and de-catted his.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts