MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a 75 Tourer V6 2.0 ltr Automatic. It seems to run absolutely fine except, to me, it seem quite sluggish accelerating and I need to really floor the accelerator to make it do much. Cruising at motorway speeds it seems to struggle to maintain 70 - 75 on an incline when I need to floor the accelerator to get it to change down. It almost feels like the accelerator cable (if it has one) is stretched. In Sport mode it's much better as it hangs onto the gears much longer. The car has 44,000 and was very regularily maintained by it's previous owner.

Does this sort of performance sound normal? My 13 yr old Mondeo 2.0 ltr auto feels like a rocket in comparison.

Any comments or suggestions will be very welcome. In other respects the car is fantastic and I'm very pleased indeed.

Thanks

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Most likely to be your vis valve motors on the inlet manifold.. If you do a search on here for vis valves you'll find all you need to know. Two new motors will cost you about £110 total.

hth

Mike :)

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Faster than a speeding bullet their Lates ;)

Now who do I know that might have two brand new motors spare? Hmm....tricky one that :lol:

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Often, "dead" motors can be fixed. The soldered joints where a limit switch is attached to a circuit board break. They can be resoldered and the switch held in place with screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts