MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the number plate K100 LMG which reads KOOL MG for sale. This is currently held on a retention certificate and all fees have been paid so that it can be transferred on to any car registered after 09/1992 (K reg or newer)

Open to reasonable offers. PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Actually it reads KLool MG!

Not to mention the spacing is illegal. I had a similar spaced reg a few years ago and got done for it.

Good luck though :D

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
SteveChilds said:
Actually it reads KLool MG!

Not to mention the spacing is illegal. I had a similar spaced reg a few years ago and got done for it.

Good luck though :D

What did yours read as Steve?

Mike

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
94 Posts
i had P20G CC on my 206CC and got done for it. kinda strange as i only got done when the police and VOSA were targetting modified cars but they didn't bother when they were doing me for speeeding the year before :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I quote 'I have the number plate K100 LMG' for sale which is legal. The picture is of a show plate on a rover reading K100L MG not KL00l MG like u say. From that i presume you had P20G cc, with the G on your plate as 6 so P206 CC!
By the way my popz drives a vaux carlton(ex police car) with reg A545SYN i wonder why he hasnt been done!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
94 Posts
lol good plate.

the G looked like a 6 but wasn't doctored so thats why i think i wasn't pulled more often.

unless the police are specifically looking for ppl with mis-placed plates then i think u r generally ok unless u start sticking black screws in where they shouldn't be.

sold the plate in a quick sale for £850 just before i sold the car so i was pretty happy as i only paid £375 for it in a private sale.

if i hadn't bought the MG ZR for a car to get to and from work once i get the 307CC then i might have been interested as it's a good plate.

good luck in selling it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
KOOL MG said:
I have the number plate K100 LMG which reads KOOL MG for sale. This is currently held on a retention certificate and all fees have been paid so that it can be transferred on to any car registered after 09/1992 (K reg or newer)

Open to reasonable offers. PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]
YOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE PLATE MATE :) hows it goin??? nice of u 2 join us on here iv got L8O KMG for sale spells L00K MG open 2 offers hows u want 4 urs cuz?

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
my mums number plate reads LITAA she's never got done for it. (yes her name is lita)

mine is d18 EGO but has lots of detail and picture on the number plate. hopefully i will never get done =)

im very sure if u have a modified car your more likly to get done have it on a saloon police will let it go

btw mate that's a really nice numberplate must b worth alot now! =)

http://forums.mg-rover.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=15316

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cyer_ricki said:
btw mate that's a really nice numberplate must b worth alot now! =)
Yeh Popz always gets people stopping him an offering him money for it. Its jus a standard registration on a rusty A reg Carlton.

Talking about police pulling over cars for registration spacing/altering, i've seen loadsa cars i.e with CRIME, another with C4CH ME and also JIGALO driving about an they have dun so around birmingham for atleast the past year. Wonder if they've ever been pulled!!!!!!!!

Im wanting £600 ono for Kl00LMG. email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Regarding registration plates and spacing/fonts etc. Remember that you dont own the plates, DVLA do as they own ALL plates. When you buy them all you are buying is the right to display them on your vehicle. If PC Plod decides he dosent like your plate spacing/font/border etc then all he needs do is apply to DVLA to have it withdrawn and you WILL lose it plus have to stump up £80 to have a bog standard plate transferred to your vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also have rover 420 gsi saloon R reg on 18 inch alloys, quad exhaust, superchipped, needs sum attention to rear brake calipers. with private reg H20 JNR british racing green will have a picture soon...cheap at £800........see my other post .......

·
Registered
mg_zs
7 Posts
With referance to personalised number plates, plod pulled me a couple of years ago for no other reason than the plate,( at the time on a Tomcat ) then proceeded to take a photo and issue summons, luckily i did not hear from DVLA, so don't know how many times you need to be reported before plate is retracted, but have since put back to being legal, i.e. correct spacing between letters and numbers as i desperately don't want it retracted, mine is BlOlOGY.( B101 OGY ) So if you see a Pearl Black ZS180 around the Wimbledon area its meeeee !!

Kev

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got busted too - for spacing - no alterations to the letters -

When I got pulled for speeding on the M1 - nothing was said - lilkewise when the local bobbie called round after a few cars on the street were vandalised nothing was said -
I am 99% certain it was because I didn't let him out of pull in by Subways in notts... ;-)

I got a producer and issued with a correction notice - had to put correct plates on and take to a MOT garage who charged me £10 to stamp their seal on the document.

I havent risked using the "incorrect" plates since - even though my neighbour seems to be getting away with a much similar layout.

Does anyonne know the number of warnings you are allowed? or even how this is tracked? - I have moved and changed car since I got busted- so I am tempted to try again - just incase he was having a bad day ;-)
- After all Halfords happily issued the plates !

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
A lot of places wont make illegally spaced plates up nowadays as the licence to make them costs a lot or something.
I had a job getting legal plates up for mine, and through much searching managed to get dodgy spaced plates (which I haven't had the bottle to use yet).
As for the number of warnings I don't know I think it depends on how serious the alteration is, for example marker pen and screws allover the place i'd think would get it retracted quicker!
I had a word with a traffic cop who lives on my street and he said with a flashy car you're more likely to get stopped, which I can believe.

My plate is X10 AKY and the dodgy spacing is X 10AKY (to spell loaky)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think you will have trouble shifting it then..??

You could always sell it to those number plate dealers in the papers or online..

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've got R13 BYC and drove around for about 18 months with it spaced as R13BY C for rigby c and never got stopped... had to change it to normal spaced one tho for the last mot..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts