MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I have just noticed this on my tyre wall:
What has happened? Is this a manufaturing defect or just my luck?
Ive only had the tyre on since jan.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thats a buldge. I would not run your car on that, at most drive at low speed to the nearest tyre place to buy a new tyre (or two if you want to be safe - missmatching tyres and tread depth not too smart).
Its a dangerous defect and definaretly not normal, the tyre is weak in that area.
Im not sure if that could have happened from knocking into a curb (look at your alloys, there is some heavy curbing there in line with it, might be coincidence).
Could be manufacturing weakness, but someone will know....

·
Registered
254 Posts
probably been curbed or hit a pot hole. Get it changed asap, you would probably get points if stopped by the police. Put the spare on if you cant afford a new tyre straight away.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
kev25v6 said:
probably been curbed or hit a pot hole. Get it changed asap, you would probably get points if stopped by the police. Put the spare on if you cant afford a new tyre straight away.
Yep, bite the bullet and get it done i say. That could blow out, ive experienced a blow-out and its el-dodge.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be putting the spair on tomorrow before work and dropping the wheel off before work. I may have to trace my steps back today to see if there are any pot holes to clame from the councle.

dan

·
Registered
254 Posts
get a pic of the hole you hit before you try to claim off the council, they tend to get them filled pretty quickly when they have a claim put in against them. If it was an A road it happened on then you have more chance of winning any claim from them

·
Registered
rover_600
23 Posts
You have hit a kerb or a pot hole and the impact has snapped the wire structure in the tyre wall. Unfortunatley you have no claim for manufacture default. The council will probably just tell you were to go, we have at least one car a week come into us with a knackered wheel and tyre all from one road and I haven't heard of a single person getting money from the council.

T

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
B...ard council ruined one set of new alloys I had. Why do I pay friggin road tax to drive down roads that look like the face of the moon.
Waste of time trying to claim, they just won't be interested.

That tyre has been kerbed almost for sure, far too deep for a pothole. The damage is on the rim too. Seriously get it sorted ASAP, don't attempt to drive at speed with it. It will blow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts