MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just writing to vent my anger a bit. Got out of bed today at around 5.30pm (work nights), went out to put to rubbish in the bin shed as usual. As I walked back round to front of the house I noticed a white patch on my bootlid. On closer inspection i found that an egg had been smashed on the bootlid and had dribbled down the lights, onto the bumper, dripped onto my alloys and then frozen solid onto everything mentioned. Are kids these days really that bored, or are they just out to pi$$ eveyone off? I mean, is it really that interesting to throw food at someone's motor, or did I just miss out on these fine thing's in my childhood?

Matt

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Round here they rip off peoples wingmirrors and kicked dents into the doors.
Happened down our street about 6 months ago, went outside and had happened to about 7 or 8 cars down our street, just wingmirrors dotted all the way down the road.
Quite glad they left my Mini alone, its not one of those cars that "blends in" with it being bright orange. Garaged it again every night after that.
Its the way society has become. - Someone needs to take action, you think this is bad now, wait for the next generation to come through! :bigeyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
When these kids have kids of their own (probably by their 14th bday) they will be bringing up another generation even lower down the evolutionary/social ladder! Maybe they are devolving back to apes!! We could lock them up in safari parks and go look at them, then at least you can expect to have bits torn off your car!!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
Why wasn't it in your garage? That's what it's for, after all.

My P6 is in the garage, nestling quietly amongst the nudie calaendars and the Pug is on the driveway, some 30 feet from the road. Short of sitting up all night with some lead pipe it's pretty safe.

DD.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Yet if my car happened to have a security device that say electrocuted or ripped a finger or two off of these little ****ers as they are vandalising the car (and there was video to prove they were tampering with the car) I would get into trouble..... how misguided is that???

·
Registered
917 Posts
The excuse is too often that they have nothing better to do but even so seek and destroy!!! Is that a little harsh? Anything that goes near my lovely Wheezil will perish!!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
DibbleChick said:
The excuse is too often that they have nothing better to do but even so seek and destroy!!! Is that a little harsh? Anything that goes near my lovely Wheezil will perish!!
Heaven forbid they actually try and do something constructive though. Although that doesn't surprise me with this generation.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
mate.. clean it asap, and check the paintwork.

Someone once threw an egg at me car whilst it was parked in Brussels.

The Points of eggs are VERY hard.. and i've got lots of scratches where the egg hit my car. Kinda like someone threw a handful of pebbles... and they all hit in that one spot..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts