MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... I dropped over the Pennines to a breakers yard in Rochdale today after work. I had arranged to buy a window mechanism from him. Got there.... £30... smiles all round.

Anyways.... I asked if they still had the car in it came from.... the gaffer pointed me in the general direction and off I went for a look.....

Well.... I have to admit I was suprised to see a bright yellow Trophy parked up with its front end sideswiped....

The gaffer had warned me that there wasn't too much left (he'd sold the engine to someone in Sweeden!). I had a poke around and went back in... this was the deal we arrived at:

Electric window motor and mechanism £30
Sunvisors, working, and clean £5
Rear high level boot lamp £15
Speaker T-Bar £25.

£80 all in for a set of nice parts from a very nice car indeed... I feel young agin!

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
Grave robber.

Only joking. Good find. I need to find one in a breaker as I need at least the 2 side air intakes to experiment with.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You lucky s0d !!! I work near Rochdale, tried every breakers in Bury and Oldham for those pieces and bloody found nothing! Never tried anything in Rochdale!

Good find mate ;)

Chris

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Well done Dave. I dream of finding a Trophy in a yard somewhere. Think I might get the suspension units from it for future insurance ;)

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
You're lucky Dave. It's almost impossible to find a breaker with F/TF's here,
it's like finding a needle in a haystick ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts