MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KIA PUTS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION FIRST

Kia is planning to put customer satisfaction at the heart of its UK operation with the announcement of a new Sales and Aftersales customer satisfaction programme.
Developed with acknowledged customer-satisfaction experts J.D. Power and Associates and Eclipse Marketing, the Retail Satisfaction Programme will provide Kia dealers with an honest approach to customer feedback on their performance, integrated via on-line technology.

The new programme will allow Kia to build an accurate picture of the customer’s experience of its dealerships, and to compare and benchmark Kia’s performance against industry standards.

Shortly after purchase of a brand-new Kia, and after a vehicle service, customers are contacted and invited to give their views. This data is then analysed by J.D. Power and Associates to produce a measure of the customer’s overall satisfaction.

Kevin Todd, Kia Motors (UK) Ltd, Customer Support & Service Development Manager said: "Customer satisfaction and retention is central to our growth and absolutely vital for the long term sustainability and profitability of our dealer network. Finding out what our customers really think of the service they receive from our Sales and Aftersales operation helps us to shape our future business strategy and dealer training and will ultimately allow us to achieve our ambitious targets.

"We selected J.D. Power and Associates in association with Eclipse Marketing to implement and manage the programme as it allows us to draw upon the market leading methodologies pioneered and practised worldwide by J.D. Power and Associates. The programme will also provide Kia dealerships with customer feedback via an on-line technology solution powered by Eclipse Marketing," he added.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah. Daewoo played this 'Customer Satisfaction' card and didn't improve the lot of the punter. I remember working for Fords in the 80's and having the 'Silver Shoes' programme - complete with a badge - 'put yourself in your customers shoes' was the strapline.

There have been loads of initiatives like this and one day, someone will hit on something that really works. Hope so, as buying a car should be a fantastic experience.

Is it though?

·
Banned
14 Posts
SLARTIBARTFAST said:
Yeah yeah yeah. Daewoo played this 'Customer Satisfaction' card and didn't improve the lot of the punter. I remember working for Fords in the 80's and having the 'Silver Shoes' programme - complete with a badge - 'put yourself in your customers shoes' was the strapline.

There have been loads of initiatives like this and one day, someone will hit on something that really works. Hope so, as buying a car should be a fantastic experience.

Is it though?
tell me about it, buying my lemon was nightmare from day one, the mgr dealers have been the pits, rubbish cars, rubbish dealer back up, no wonder they went tits up

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
ratchet ring said:
tell me about it, buying my lemon was nightmare from day one, the mgr dealers have been the pits, rubbish cars, rubbish dealer back up, no wonder they went tits up
Not annoying people like you causing endless amounts of trouble posting negative rubbish on what is an enthusiasts site. Your not an enthusiast so god only knows what your still doing here. Mods, taxi for ratchet ring, please.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
SLARTIBARTFAST said:

Is it though?
Never been to a Skoda dealer then? It was the investment in the dealers even before VW took over than began to change the reputation of Skoda. VW were at first horrified at some of the Skoda dealers they inherited until they discovered the brilliant service and care they lavished on the owners. They left them alone and look at the ratings of Skoda.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xerif said:
Never been to a Skoda dealer then? It was the investment in the dealers even before VW took over than began to change the reputation of Skoda. VW were at first horrified at some of the Skoda dealers they inherited until they discovered the brilliant service and care they lavished on the owners. They left them alone and look at the ratings of Skoda.
They initially left them alone, but in the last 2 years have insisted that the dealers move to plusher showrooms. Hence why there are enormous gaps in the dealer network in the UK. Up until Christmas, Essex had 1 Service Dealer and 1 Main Dealer - both in the north of the county. For some people, they had to drive more than 30 miles to get to their nearest Skoda dealer. Luckily that has got slightly better this year.

The same goes for Alfa Romeo - there isn't a single Alfa dealer in Essex anymore, after AMC and Toomey's departure. Hopefully they will get a 'quality' dealership group to take the franchise on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts