MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I will send the reset procedure via email, Its that easy.

basically they will say press lock a few times with the dooor unlocked - tis a con

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bar stewards!!!! Thought it was too good to be true.....

I have to say, the Lucas keyfobs are bloody awful. Two of the solder-points on the battery mount have broken, and three around the open button. And all the rubber is perishing/splitting on the casing and on the actual internal butons. I can't even lock the car with the key at the moment, because someone tried to open the drivers door with a screwdriver at some point, wrecking the lock in the process. Hmmph. I'm going to the pub........ :beer2:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Not that I favour anyone (you know what I mean lates lol)

But lates does replacement fobs, if I recall correctly some ones that are totally different to those originals and they do the same job(he also does the originals too) !!!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
you can also get pods that are sent to you - you program the fob and send the fob back. not too sure on details, but seems to work.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
yeh I just looked at one of those, £80 plug for one fob the ROV2 pod that plugs into the diagnostic connector. You have to pay a deposit and postage-personally I'd rather goto someone I can throttle if it doesn't work

·
Registered
919 Posts
do you know what lates rates are like?

my brother bought my old 200 bubble from me and is having trouble with the only fob... i had already replaced the battery, resoldered the battery connections replaced and the rubber buttons/outer casing - and the disarm button still fails to work more than half of the time (arm is ok though).

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Get the fob replaced NOW or you'll get stuck like I did. £5 for a new one from Ebay and then about £35 to get it programmed by your local auto leccy.
TBH I find even £35 expensive as it takes literally 10 secs to do.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not that I favour anyone (you know what I mean lates lol)

But lates does replacement fobs, if I recall correctly some ones that are totally different to those originals and they do the same job(he also does the originals too) !!!
Who is this Lates ppl keep mentioning? Someone on here? Any contact details?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts