MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any ideas how i can retrieve my Head unit code? :err:

I have a MG ZTT with Kenwood KRC-591 head unit.i Have only had the car a couple of months and do not seem to have the code for the stereo any where.I have tried phoning Banbury (where the car was registered) but number does not exist.

Please help.........:idea:

·
Registered
320 Posts
TKC_147 said:

I have a MG ZTT with Kenwood KRC-591 head unit.i Have only had the car a couple of months and do not seem to have the code for the stereo any where.I have tried phoning Banbury (where the car was registered) but number does not exist.

There are two options, you can go onto e-bay and buy a CD that gives you a code (not sure if that is legal though) or you can go onto a website and pay £5, then when you have filled in your details, it will tell you your code. I have used one before, it worked ok...

·
Registered
mg_zt
3,335 Posts
TKC_147 said:

Kenwoods don't have codes do they? The one's I've had, the cheaper ones have no code and the really expensive one had a little remote fob with the code in....

·
Registered
320 Posts
JCBZT160+ said:
Kenwoods don't have codes do they? The one's I've had, the cheaper ones have no code and the really expensive one had a little remote fob with the code in....
Most Kenwoods don't have codes, but some do. I think this one does. Type in Kenwood Radio Codes, or KRC-591 Radio Codes into Google, you will get hundreds of site saying they can decrypt your code. Otherwise, phone up Kenwood, give them the serial number (probably at cost) they will sort you the code...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it not possible to retrieve the code from the stereo it self....its in the car working at the moment...but im thinking of replacing with a Kenwood MP3 head unit...So i will require the code..
and will a local Rover dealer give me the code?

·
Registered
mg_zt_t
55 Posts
My 190 came with a 591 (now been replaced with a W707). The 591 has now had the the honour of doubling the value of our S***ki Baleno. Never needed a code, never died of embarrasment. Works fine.
Regards,
Luke.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
the kennwood is a user spec code , the user enables it and picks there own if the code is required

try writing to the previous keeper ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts