MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
metro
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what varient of the 1.8 these came with as they nudge 190 ponies from the factory. I appreciate that they are not exactly a standard lump and they have throttle bodies etc but were they based on a VVC lump and if so, which one? Also, what other differences are there to the 'factory' lump? Any changes to the C/R etc?

·
Registered
rover_25
3,199 Posts
Its the VHPD engine. Its got the same valves as the VVC, but maintains the solid cam style of the standard head. Lairy cams, throttle bodies and a decent map bought the power to 190ps. VHPD engine has stronger internals to meet this raise in power, as far as I know the CR remained the same however?

Thats all im really aware of, although there is probably more! Id imagine in the Caterham it would be dry sump as well... List goes on tbh!

·
Registered
metro
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I had my eye on these Caterham TB's Clicky Clicky!!! but I don't think it would really be beneficial to purchase them if it then determines what spec I have to run, it would be a bit arse about face so to speak. I far prefer the idea of specing something to match my requirements rather than changing my requirements to match the parts.

I think I will just opt for some Jenveys instead.

·
Registered
metro
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, wet ones.

The mayo isn't a residue of crap from the oil/water, it is just the milk as it dries out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts