MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can obtain the lower half dimensions of the k series engine, with bolt placements and the such? Ideally around the power steering pump area from a 2005 MK2 MG ZR... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Don't think you'll find them published anywhere,no real need past the machining/inspection stage.Only thing I can think of is find spare engine and measure it.

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I may just have to do that, was hoping I could get the bottom end measurements without dishing out any cash for it... If anyone else happens to stumble across them, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one in need of this information now and in the future.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
How in depth are we talking? If you are just looking to see if you can transplant then why not just use a tape mesure and mesure the bits you think might be a problem. Or are you wanting down to the nearest mm?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Unfortunately, the Powertrain Ltd brochure shows the engineering schematics of all the K-series engines - but at such low resolution as to be of no use whatsoever. Shame.

Clearly the diagrams exist - anyone got access to them, and can publish them on-line?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Can we ask why you need them? And specifically what you are after?

Got an online pic of the low res drawing you mentioned Rob?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Matt, happily, the Powertrain website remains on line: http://www.powertrainltd.com/

Download the on-line catalogue and you'll see the images I mean.

Unfortunately, it doesn't show the bolt-centre dimensions, but if these figures exist, then it stands to reason that others do too...

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
649 Posts
I'm sure they do exists. As Lotus will of wanted them when they put the 1.8 in the original Elise.

Is it possible to contact anyone at Powertrain?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
kibble said:
Does anyone know where I can obtain the lower half dimensions of the k series engine, with bolt placements and the such? Ideally around the power steering pump area from a 2005 MK2 MG ZR... Thanks in advance.
Have you thought of asking the engineering dept of your nearest uni?
Warwick uni has a very strong engineering base but you may have one nearer.
What do you need them for?We won't laugh,honest.:lol:

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I have an E45 SC to bolt on to it, and I need to come up with a new mounting plate to do this and relocate the power steering pump. I have contacted someone to manufacture this mounting plate, but all they need is dimensions, where to drill holes on the plate to put bolts through, and of course how much room they have to play with.

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob Bell said:
If you find the figures, and you post them up here? :D
If you are asking if I find them, then yes I will post them up here for people. It is most likely a very useful thing to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts