MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a JVC 12 disc auto changer (can't remember exact model off the top of my head) with a realy naff JVC tape HU.

The changer does everything I need it to (holds 12 discs :D ), but I would like to upgrade my hu. Not bothered baout anything overly fancy or anything that costs a fortune, although I might consider MP3 playback to be a plus (can have a standard selection of cds in the changer and new music on MP3) and RDS is a definite must (I hate having to retune all the time).

Am I limited to only using a JVC hu with my changer? If so, what's the best thing to go for?

Is it worth keeping the changer or just dumping it and getting a complete new package?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, in Halfords at the moment they've got an offer on a JVC head unit that plays MP3s, but its a CD head unit - can you fit a changer onto a CD head unit? That kinda defeats the object of the changer if you've got a CD head unit.

Anyways, this one I know plays mp3s and is £99 at the mo in Halfords.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A CD head unit doesn't defeat the object of the changer as I rarely use tapes now anyway and trying to change a CD whilst driving is lethal anyhow.

Although I could do with finding out if the cd changer can be plugged into the hu though. I'll pop into Halfords on the way home tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts