MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Alchemy bloke and Transport union bloke don't like each other do they?!!
Almost got to fisticuffs there!
Go jerry go jerry!!!!

No new news on it.
Looks like we are going to have to wait to see what PWC come up with over the next few days.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Amagoza said:
Wow, Alchemy bloke and Transport union bloke don't like each other do they?!!
Almost got to fisticuffs there!
Go jerry go jerry!!!!
I wish I'd seen it.

I wouldn't mind if Alchemy could make a go of MG now that life under PVH seems to have run its course. But the Phoenix 4 gave thousands of workers five more years work, and the suppliers a chance to build a safety net. It would have been disastrous if Alchemy had got MG back in 2000.

Actually, I'd rather someone other than the Alchemy lot could make a go of MG, I couldn't trust them not to cut and run, but beggars can't be choosers.

·
Registered
rover_75
207 Posts
I was especially impressed when Jack Dromey (top TGWU official) told the interviewer he'd no regrets about helping to broker the original Phoenix deal rather than let an asset stripper in. When asked by Jon Moulton to whom he was referring, he said "You" :rotflmao:
Mouldy then called him a liar and said it was a slanderous statement.
Go Jack Go!!!

On a serious note I think the will is there to get some form of resolution to this- maybe not with 6500 jobs, but still with a sizable production. If there are blokes out there like Dromey, then they'll do everything humanly possible. Blair and Brown can pull a rabbit out of the hat with this- if squeezed hard enough.

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
If Blair and Brown pull it off then the people of the W Mids will back Labour purely as a thank you.

I think a last minute deal will occur, purely because SAIC have already bought the rights to use the Rover brand name, and the intelectual rights to the 25, 45 and 75. But they don't own he other bits they need to put the current cars back into production. SAIC also need to agree a deal ASAP simply to maintain the dealer network!

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
186 Posts
Did I hear in that report a mention of the MG brand having already gone? where exactly? and the K series was mentioned as gone to SAIC. Have SAIC been handed these on a platter before the deal has been completed? It could explain why they don't want to go through with the deal, they have what they want.

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Coopvvc. The administrators can not sell MG because as far as I know MG is part of Phoenix venture holdings!!!!! So Moulton was misguided.

In addition SAIC only own bits e.g right to use Rover brand but not much in terms of physical assets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts