MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got my first MG ZR, it's a 120+ 1.8, 2002 model. I am very happy with it, its such good fun to drive. I was disappointed though to see that What Car only gave it 2/5!! wtf are they on?? They say the driving position is awful :yikes:.......what do you think?? Someone plz make me feel better about my new car!!:s2h:

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
To be fair, the Driving position isn't great in the ZR, but its tonnes better than the 25 :D

I've had a 105 and a 160 and loved them, they're great cars. I've currently got a ZS120, so I can inly imagine what it must be like to have such a great engine in a lighter car!

As lewerty says, just go for a drive, that'll cheer you up :D

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
i think the driving postion is about them same in the zr and 25 i have had both i think they are about the same

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the past I have had an MGF and a 200 BRM and in both of these I found the seat too high which ruined the driving position. Even with a hight adjustable seat I could not get low enough in the car. I reckon if that simple thing was changed the car would be loads better. Still there is no way a ZR deserves 2/5 they need to score it as a family of hot hatches.

MJM welcome to the Zed's and enjoy your car.:bgrin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, I did take it for a spin down some country lanes and I do love it, will have to clean it tomorrow though now!
If I had different seats put in would this lower the driving postion? Is there any way to do it?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ZR seats

I've seen springs advertised to lower F and TF seats, does anybody know if they can be used on the ZR? Tehy are about £18 a set. I find my seats too high as well. No where near as bad as the unsupporting slippery as anything but oh-so good looking 200 BRM seats though. I've got the Monaco half leathers in my car and I swear they aren't as comfy (harder?) as the Matrix ones it had before

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
I bought my wife a ZR - she has loved every minute of driving it - the only problem is with the driving positon ...she wears heels and I don't so I have to adjust the seat each time...unless I'm in my heels of course.

Cracking car mate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone, would be interested to know about the springs (?) for the seats. I got quite lucky too coz I discovered my car has a cd player in it which the salesman didn't even know about!! He thought it was just a tuner that you could hook up a cd changer to but theres one inbuilt and hidden behind the face plate!!! HeHe:D

·
Registered
672 Posts
welcome to the fold, after driving the mrs zs the zr driving posn is far higher, but had a 25 loan car when mine was in garage being fixed, 25 seats are like sitting in blamange (yes the spelling is way out) but maybe that could have to do with it being a loan car, dunno. even though it's still yet to be right i wouldn't change my zr for anything else (well, ok an evo 8 mr fq 400 maybe, but money aint that free) and even though it needs washing every five minutes (why did i get a black car???) it makes me smile everytime i drive it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts