MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,

I have just purchased a TF-160 in Anthracite Black and I was wondering what the best car wash / sponges / wax etc to use was.

My flatmate tried to be nice and wash my car while I was away, but now it has tiny little scratches from whatever cloth he used, and I would obviously like to remove them.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
my suggestion would be to not use cloth or anything that actually touches the bodywork and instead take it to one of those brushless autowash places - the ones that work on water pressure rather than those awful flailing circular brooms that traditional carwashes have.

That way nothing except water, detergent and liquid wax touch your car, they either airdry (quickly in Townsville I would expect) or some blowdry for you. They also have the advantage of a high pressure under body wash which will help keep the car rust free. You could also get a local prestige car detailer to giveteh car a really good wax every year and that way it'll stay shinier and cleaner longer anyway.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Haha I'm from the other camp, with an MX-5.

Not trying to plug the brand but, most guys at the club swear by Meguiar's products, they even do washing/waxing demonstrations every now and then when we've got enough numbers. Scratch X is great for small scratches and swirl marks and you can get most of the stuff they offer at K-mart or any good auto parts place.

Gold Class Wax seems to work a treat on my car. For the hood and interior plastics I use something called "303" which is apparently an "aerospace protectant", it works like Armor All but doesn't leave the surfaces greasy. You could even restore faded black exterior plastics from grey to a shiny black, even wiper blades too. But seeing as your car's still new you won't need to worry about that just yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts