MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just collected my MGF Trophy, anthracite black, drove the 40 odd miles home with a great big smile on my face :hyper: . Can't believe how nice it is, really nice to drive.

Can't wait for the morning and the drive to work, I'd be out now, but both headlights (dipped) aren't working, will look at fuses and bulbs tomorrow. Any idea what bulbs the are, handbook says GLB499, I was expecting H1 or H4 etc.

Rich
Peterborough

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
rmbillington said:
Just collected my MGF Trophy, anthracite black, drove the 40 odd miles home with a great big smile on my face :hyper: . Can't believe how nice it is, really nice to drive.

Can't wait for the morning and the drive to work, I'd be out now, but both headlights (dipped) aren't working, will look at fuses and bulbs tomorrow. Any idea what bulbs the are, handbook says GLB499, I was expecting H1 or H4 etc.

Rich
Peterborough
Excellent choice sir.I must complement you are you exquisite colour choice.
Ive had my 135 for 3 weeks now and it still makes me grin every time I see her.Totally smitten....still.
Take it easy and have fun!:cloud9:

oh and BTW welcome to the Assylum mate.Breakfast is at 8 sharp,dinner 12 while 1 and tea is at 5.Padding on all the cell walls is the norm around here and straight jackets are only issued on Deano's orders.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
another coal lorry, what ever happened to good colour choice ???. Welcome rmbillington, funny, I keep seeing Spike Millington there, wierd, ah well. Good choice, apart from the colour obviously ;)

·
Registered
mgf
298 Posts
Spike-UK said:
Excellent choice sir.I must complement you are you exquisite colour choice.
Ive had my 135 for 3 weeks now and it still makes me grin every time I see her.Totally smitten....still.
I've had my F for 4 yrs now and I still feel and love it like the first day I got it out of the showroom.

Congrats for the new member.......I'm sure he wont regret his choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Spike - Thanks for the welcome to the Assylum

Pete - Who is Spike Millington, I've only heard of Spike Milligan

Trex - Thanks for the welcome, I'm hoping to enjoy mine as long as you have

Stuart - No teachers in the family, that I know of, not many Billingtons about though, so it was worth a try.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
rmbillington said:
Stuart - No teachers in the family, that I know of, not many Billingtons about though, so it was worth a try.

...phew... had horrible flashbacks... that you would start correcting all my English in my postings

(2/10 ... see me after school).... shudder

oh...ps... welcome onboard :)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
rmbillington said:
.....Pete - Who is Spike Millington, I've only heard of Spike Milligan.....
you know, it didn't look right when I typed it, I blaim too much rum and a crap day at work - again :(

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
rmbillington said:
, but both headlights (dipped) aren't working, will look at fuses and bulbs tomorrow. Any idea what bulbs the are, handbook says GLB499, I was expecting H1 or H4 etc.

Rich
Peterborough
Back to the question

Rich, there has been a mix of bulbs on the F, some use the same for main & dip, others use different. I agree that H1 and/or H4 would be nice as that would show the fitting type. I bought new bulbs per handbook and then had to change - you need to take the bulbs out to be certain.

Hope you enjoy the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, first days motoring, managed to work it so I had to drive to a different site at work, and have given a few people drives down the road. This is better than I ever thought it would be. How much fun can one car be. The more I drive the better it becomes.

I love it

Rich

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Congrats with the Trophy.

The Trophy 160 is one superb car and has become a classic in the MGF/TF scene. "Safety Fast" (said by MG by decades) as this bauty is too precious to scratch it.

·
Registered
mg_tf
170 Posts
Welcome rmbillington - and make sure you share your time evenly between this forum and actually driving the car :devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts