MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
mg_zs
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , it's been sometime since I owned a mg (last was a zs180 MK2) but test drove a 6 dti and found it to be a great value motor. I do have a couple of niggles that I would like to have a go at sorting if anyone can help ?. First is the drivers heated seat (I knew this wasn't working on purchase) the switch lights up and I can hear the relay click but it doesn't work , anybody had this issue before ?. The other issue (which I didn't notice馃様) is the climate control , passenger side swaps from cold to hot no problem but the drivers side remains warm even when the setting is dropped to low. Anybody ever heard of this issue before , I'm going to investigate but was hoping someone may have come across these and could help out.
Thanks guys

Registered
mg_zs
Discussion Starter #2
As a out of interest kind of thing , I don't live far from the Longbridge plant (well what's left of it) so I've rang them also to see if they can shed any light on the issues , will let you know if the come back with amything

Registered
The drivers heated seat, is likley to be a failed element. The part was available at a moderate price a couple of years ago, but fitting is another matter! Mine failed long ago, it did get pretty hot when it worked.

In regards to the heating. There is a motor on each side that controls the air supply. Last year one side failed on mine for a day, but then started working again! I seem to remember it is not that hard to change, compared to some heater repairs!

You might be able to source both parts from china, if unavailable or expensive in the UK.

Registered
mg_zs
Discussion Starter #4
The drivers heated seat, is likley to be a failed element. The part was available at a moderate price a couple of years ago, but fitting is another matter! Mine failed long ago, it did get pretty hot when it worked.

In regards to the heating. There is a motor on each side that controls the air supply. Last year one side failed on mine for a day, but then started working again! I seem to remember it is not that hard to change, compared to some heater repairs!

You might be able to source both parts from china, if unavailable or expensive in the UK.
Thanks Mr streetwise , have you ever stripped the seat on a MG6 ? , I'm half tempted to not worry about the seat but would like to sort the air supply motor , when the weather picks up a bit I'll take a look and get some photos if I can sort it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts