MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Got myself new half moon number plate to replace odd looking standard one,I am hopeing to use some sort ofdouble sided tape but my expieriences of this stuff in the past has been ok for 10 mins then falls off over night,what company makes the best tape for this procedure.
thansx in aticipation
Gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think Gary wants to mount his rear plate using double sided tape rather than screws, in which case i think that they are all very similar but when using these tapes i would use some gentle heat i.e. a hairdryer on the tape before mounting the plate on to the car as the 'D' type is quite heavy, the heat will help the pads stick better.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Halfords do some sticky pads, £1.89 IIRC. Once the plate is on, it's staying on!

One pack for the front, and one for the rear.

Just make sure both the plate & area is clean & grease free.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Automotive double sided sticky wotsits are entirely different from the likes of Sellotape double sided pads. They use a very different adhesive and are ultra thin. Halfrauds do them, at reasonable price.
Oops, sorry Tatts you got in first, must type faster :)

MM

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have changed plates on most of my cars and swear by 3M branded double sided foam pads absolutly superb till you want to get them off !!

·
Registered
99 Posts
find yourself a plastics (double glazing supply) firm inyour area and get some security tape for about £4 a roll this stuff is very strong as it is used to secure the glass in externaly beaded double glazing, it comes in 1mm 2mm and 3mm thicknesses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts