MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will standard front shocks off a 400 diesel fit the 200 diesel!?!

Donnydiesel has a couple of fronts spare from his 400 and I need to return my suspension back to standard but only have the front springs as the shocks were knackered, will his fit!?!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont doubt that the your worng about the suspension setup being different between the 220 and 420 but ive just been looking on ebay for a standard shock, couldnt find one but did notice there was a company on there selling gmax shocks for the 200/400! They dont include the diesel but if the smaller engines have the same shocks fitted then why doesnt the diesels!?!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'll be for the 200/400 wedge shaped cars 89-95 which were virtually identical.
I thought it maybe something like that but did notice they had date 1990-1995 but below it there was something about them fitting most upto 1998 which i thought odd, ill see if I can find the page again in a min!

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
I thought it maybe something like that but did notice they had date 1990-1995 but below it there was something about them fitting most upto 1998 which i thought odd, ill see if I can find the page again in a min!
The bubble 200 and 400 came out in 96 but the 200 coupe and 400 tourer versions of the wedges (R8s) soldiered on for a few years later hence the confusing end date for them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bubble 200 and 400 came out in 96 but the 200 coupe and 400 tourer versions of the wedges (R8s) soldiered on for a few years later hence the confusing end date for them.
No wonder it gets confusing then!!! so I can only use the standard shocks off a 220 SD or SDi then and nothing else? I do only need one front shock but a pair would be better so as I cant find any about if anyone has a couple lying in the garage they want to sell please PM me!

It doesnt matter if they havnt got springs as ive still got my standard ones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts