MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When cold, first thing in the morning my car has diabolical clutch judder it shakes your bones, it gradually gets better and goes the more you do a stationary pull away. As my car is still under warranty (nissan approved) I gave the garage a call and told them I'd read the warranty conditions and understood it didn't cover friction materials which was fair enough, and I suspected that the clutch diaphram was possibly at fault. I was told it was more likely to be the dual mass flywheel. Does a 1.8 K turbo have a dual mass flywheel? I was told they go for a past time in their experience. Does this seem the norm in you peoples experience?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Probably a good idea to do a search on here, the judder has certainly come up before.

My ZT suffers from this now and again, but only on the coldest mornings (sub-zero), then only the initial pull-away from stand-still. Once I get to the end of the road, about 30 yards, it's fine...and it never returns until the next very cold morning.
I was considering getting it checked, but I have grown used to it, and just 'nurse it off the line' with minimum throttle.

·
Registered
mg_zt
76 Posts
MY04MGR said:
I also get this on cold mornings. Just as the ZTalkers post.
Me too, exactly as described. :2c:

I had it checked under warranty and they couldn't find anything wrong :shake:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts