MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introduction

It has been only a year since the launch of the new XK (and only a matter of months for XKR), to both popular and critical acclaim. The cars success was illustrated very effectively by our March 08 sales success, when we sold 34% more than last year and are now snapping at the heels of the Porsche 911 for top spot in the segment (well ahead of the Mercedes SL and BMW 6 Series). As WhatCar said when it awarded the XK the Best Buy in the Coupe over £40,000 category:

"The Jag comfortably wins this section. It even out-drives the BMW M6, and it’s a lot classier-looking"

Keen to stay ahead of the competition and continue to build on our launch momentum, we are now pleased to announce the first enhancements to this award winning new benchmark car with our 08MY programme.

The actions we are taking at 08MY include:

• XK 08MY enhancements
• Price Changes
• XK 08MY Portfolio - Options
• XKR 08MY Portfolio - Special Edition

XK 08MY Enhancements

(Note – Enhancements below are Standard on both 4.2 and R unless stated)
• Exterior Enhancements
- Aerial integrated into the rear boot spoiler replaces telescopic rod aerial.
(Note - A retro-fit solution for pre-08MY cars is being investigated and more information will be communicated as soon as it is known)
- Painted Cremona 20" Alloy Wheel (Standard on R).
(Note - Polished version available on 4.2 and R as a Portfolio option)
• New/Upgraded Features
- Automatic Air-recirculation
- Jaguar Premium Sound System (Optional on 4.2, now Standard on R)
- Heated Front Screen (Optional on 4.2, now Standard on R)
• Interior Craftsmanship
- Piano Black Veneer to Centre Console and J-Gate surround (on Aluminium veneers (except Portfolio SE))
- Revised (Morzine) headlining material
- Additional (Alston) Premium Headlining option (Standard in the Luxury Sport Interior Theme option)
- Veneer door switch packs
- Bright finish L-Gate/EPB surround (with Piano Black insert)
- Chrome ring insert on indicator stalks
- Enhancements to centre console paint finish – Tungsten (from XF)
- Chrome audio on/off button
- Leather Edged Carpet Mats (as part of the Luxury Sport Interior Theme option)
- Bright Finish Alloy Pedals (Optional on 4.2, Standard on R)
- Heated Leather Steering Wheel (Optional)
- Door Striker becomes Chrome Finish
- Portfolio Options become available from September build
• Additional convertible hood colours
- Dark Grey replaces Dark Beige within the choice of standard options
• Exterior colours
- Emerald Fire replaced Jaguar Racing Green in January
- Pearl Grey replaces Slate in June
- Botanical Green replaces British Racing Green in June
(Note - Seafrost and Blue Prism will be withdrawn from November build. The replacements for these colours will be subject to a future communication.)

Price Changes

We have been able to achieve the enhancements listed above without any price increase on the 4.2. The R price is amended to reflect the extra feature enhancements (20" Cremona Alloy wheels, Jaguar Premium Surround Sound, Heated Front Windscreen and Bright Finish Alloy Pedals), while still remaining outstanding value for money vs. the competition.

OTR Pricing for 08MY is as follows, incorporating the latest VED and planned FRF changes:

• 4.2 remains unchanged
- Coupe = £60,097, Convertible = £66,097
• R adds £2,500 (to create a simple £10k increment over N/A)
- Coupe = £70,097, Convertible = £76,097

XK 08MY Portfolio - Options

In line with Jaguars continuing move towards increased luxury and personalisation, the following stand alone Portfolio options will be available from September build (see attached Spec and Price List for full details).
• Polished 20" Cremona Alloy Wheels
• Alloy L-Gate/EPB surround and Gear-knob (with Piano Black insert)
• Satin American Walnut Veneer
• Poplar Veneer (becomes a Portfolio option when Elm becomes a core option)
• Luxury Sport Interior Theme with Contrast Stitching
• Bowers and Wilkins Premium Sound System
- This very high end 525W system has been specifically tuned for XK and includes Dolby Pro Logic II and Bowers and Wilkins' signature Kevlar speakers
• Extra Convertible Hood Colours (Dark Red, Dark Green and Dark Brown)
- (Note – these Portfolio options are available from Job#1 in June)
• Alcon High Performance Braking System (R only)
- Developed by Jaguars Special Vehicles team and tested at the Nurburgring, these brakes are amongst the largest in the industry and feature on the Apex Motorsport cars that are racing in the FIA GT3 Championships

XKR 08MY Portfolio - Special Edition

To launch the Portfolio Options, we are very pleased to offer a limited run of just 60 unique Special Edition XKRs based on the 08MY XKR Coupe specification. For £75,597 (a premium of just £5,500 over the 08MY XKR Coupe), these cars will showcase some of the stand alone features above, as well as a further selection of unique features:

• Portfolio Options
- Polished 20" Cremona Alloy Wheels
- Alloy L-Gate/EPB surround and Gear-knob (with Piano Black insert)
- Luxury Sport Interior Theme with Contrast Stitching
- Bowers and Wilkins Premium Sound System
- Alcon High Performance Braking System
• Unique features
- Celestial Black Exterior Colour
- Alloy Side Power Vents
- Jaguar Heritage Wheel Centre badges
- Portfolio Tread Plates
- Engine Spin Alloy Veneer
SOURCE: Jaguar Insider ;)

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
It's a bit cheeky to introduce these changes so soon after the car's launch. I'd be a bit miffed if I had spent £70k on one Thinking I had a barand new up-to-date model) only to find that it would be upgraded a couple of months later.
I still totally adore this car though and it's good to see they've finally junked that stupid old fashioned aerial.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think a proper facelift will be on the cards for a year or two - perhaps in mid to late 2009.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
It needs some sharpening up in my opinion, but other than that the XK's front is fine...
Needs the whole front re-doing i reckon

Not an unflattering pic either. Its a nice looking car but that front... it looks like a last minute bodge for the safety test or something, eugghh!

Just to be unfair! (can't believe all these journo's saying the new XK is so much better looking, i want some of what they're on!?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts