MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont really know how to explain but ill have a go.

When i am driving my subs make a thumping noise (not from the music) i turn the music right down and my subs are still making a thump thump thump noise.

When i break the noise gets faster but then when i am staionery its fine no noise nothing.

Ive checked all the connections but ime not to good with audio stuff so i am a bitstuck any idears???

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
sounds like a bad ground or the ground wire has snapped try that first then check none of the wires are touching each other etc....

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mgfdude said:
sounds like a bad ground or the ground wire has snapped try that first then check none of the wires are touching each other etc....
ok so i took the back seat out and had a little look all the wires are fine all sperated and looks fine took it for a spin with the seat out and it was perfect.

then i tured around a round about and it made a little noise but then stoped.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Im having the EXACT same problem and i narrowed it down to the RCA plugs... I still havent fixed them though, but thats a job to go and do right about ... now ;D thanks for reminding me

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smile said:
Im having the EXACT same problem and i narrowed it down to the RCA plugs... I still havent fixed them though, but thats a job to go and do right about ... now ;D thanks for reminding me
what the hell are rca plugs when there at home??

how do i replace them

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
what are you talking about?

the RCA connections I'm talking about are the preamp connectors in your HU and the inputs in your amp.

they look like this:

the easy fix is to earth them (connect their outer edge to your earth cable)

·
Registered
133 Posts
More than likely an earthing fault. Rewire the earth on your sub amp and see if that helps. Failing that try different RCA cables as mentioned above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts