MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending all of last bank holiday weekend looking at ZT-T's I finally picked one up today, it's a ZT-T 190+ the colour is a sort of mettalic black, don't know the name of it, it's a one owner car with 34k miles on it and fsh, and its fantastic. I guess the next step for me now is to pay some membership money and start shopping on-line in the shop. As soon as i've joined properly i'll post some pictures if anyone is interested?

Thanks for the buying advise earlier

Ant

·
Registered
84 Posts
Keep me informed of all your thoughts on the car!!! I am sure you are 'playing out' in it so what mpg are you getting at the moment?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While 'playing out' in the new car i'm getting between 18/22 mpg I hope this is going to improve on longer journeys. I love this car though, i can't believe how stiff the ride is, its great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
antonybarker said:
While 'playing out' in the new car i'm getting between 18/22 mpg I hope this is going to improve on longer journeys. I love this car though, i can't believe how stiff the ride is, its great!

If your only getting that mpg you should have bought the v8
regds Ash

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
18/22 mpg is what i'm getting driving the car properly, not just farting about about at motorway speeds. I would have loved to buy a V8, but there's a cost issue to consider, if you where about last week you could have given me the extra money to buy a V8 !

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
lasvegas said:
That's pretty damned thirsty isnt it. Is it a relatively inefficient engine or a heavy car - or both?
Both Both
The engine is not the most efficient V6 in the world
The cars are nicely weighted (interpret that as you will)

New car = lots of right foot for a few days/week followed by lots of visits to the pumps followed by hole in wallet followed by less right foot .............

Not seen anyone with a 190 saying wist I had bought a CDTi yet though :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keith I have to agree with, why buy a diesel MG, diesel's are for Rovers!. The V6 is such a smooth motor, I can't wait to load it up and take it on a long run.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
antonybarker said:
diesel's are for Rovers!.
What like mine you mean:)

You might be surprised the CDTi especially with Rons box, gear for gear probably matches the V6 during motorway overtaking etc.

You might even find the diesels superior torque even works to its advantage on proper twisty bits.

Probably only the drag from the lights where us oil burners would loose out significantly but I bet even then there is not that much in it

I like my near 50MPG

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on the 190 ZT, I am sure it is great fun to drive :)

Though I would also support Keith's observations on the CDT's.....with Ron's box, the intake mod and a bit of boost optimisation 150bhp with wads of torque is easy plus a £50 air filter and a £250 zorst should see that up to 160bhp'ish with even more torque and still high 40's mpg (though I gather the engine is topped out at 160bhp??).....

Don't get me wrong.....had many fast turbo petrol cars though now I really object to using money I have already paid tax on to buy fuel which is nearly 75% tax again whilst enduring 20'ish mpg.....having a fast diesel really is like having your cake and eating it :)

PS....I don't think Ron does anything for petrols unfortunately.....

Cheers J 'n happy driving :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts