MG-Rover.org Forums banner

ITV's Poll is currently against spending Governement funds to support MGR

2K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  neilwalls 
#1 ·
I have just seen a poll on the ITV News site http://www.itv.com/news/index.html

They are asking if people think Government Money should be spent on saving MG-Rover and currently the vote is heavily against :banghead:

#5 ·
I'm not so sure I agree. I mean if I could be sure that this would be the last cash injection needed and from now on the company would be a profitable successful venture then yes, but really, in my heart, I know it would just prolong the death throes. And I don't want to feel like this again. I felt angry when BMW bought Rover, jubilant when Phoenix claimed it back, but Today I am just deflated.

Edit: I still voted Yes though. bloody topsy turvy mind this evening.

#10 ·
Londonbabe said:
I'm not so sure I agree. I mean if I could be sure that this would be the last cash injection needed and from now on the company would be a profitable successful venture then yes, but really, in my heart, I know it would just prolong the death throes. And I don't want to feel like this again. I felt angry when BMW bought Rover, jubilant when Phoenix claimed it back, but Today I am just deflated.

My feelings exactly. I would say yes to government part nationalising MGR if I thought that they would streamline the company, spend money in the right areas, and genuinely turn the things round. But do governemtns relly know any more than the P4 about how to run a car company? Or would we be in for years more of crap?

#15 ·
Londonbabe said:

I feel exactly the same dont have any interest in cars anymore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.